4U progress (2 Viewers)

Wohzazz

HSC
Are schools suppose to only be around 60% done NOW with the 2nd topic considering there are 8 topics in the 4U course???
How are we going to finish?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Wohzazz
Are schools suppose to only be around 60% done NOW with the 2nd topic considering there are 8 topics in the 4U course???
How are we going to finish?
na, usually u should b half way thru your 2nd topic.

Wohzazz

HSC
well 60% and half is not lot of difference.
How are we going to finish?? we are in our second term, and we are doing only the 2nd topic!!!!

abdooooo!!!

Banned
at our school we are suppose to have finished 5 topics by week 6 of this term so we can have our assessments. so by the time we have our half-yearlies we be able to do a full paper LOL.

hey what topic have you done so far?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
lol we finished complex last week XD

then again we have done a lot more of the 3u course than the other skools

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
at our school we are suppose to have finished 5 topics by week 6 of this term so we can have our assessments. so by the time we have our half-yearlies we be able to do a full paper LOL.

hey what topic have you done so far?
you mean yearlies?? for half -yearlies we are only going to have 2 topics, possibly 2 and a half or three if they manage to finish the next topics fast

topics i've done: crappy complex numbers and some integration

abdooooo!!!

Banned
no i mean half-yearlies ;)

because half-yearlies is at the start of term 2 and since we already finished 5 topics by mid-term so yeah.... proly we gonna get tested on the whole 4u course except for harder 3u.

hey have you done the 3u course like :: ryan.cck ::? like some schools spend the first term of 4u lessons doing 3u for some reason.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
for 3u we've done trig (double angles and shit like that);binomials'parametris'and we;re gonna do circle geo soon

for 4u we done complex. nearly finished graphs, gonna start on conics and integration v. soon

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
LOL! we haven't even finished our first topic! SBHS starts 4u maths at the beggining of the year, as opposed to term four. hehe

but then, we are flying through complex numbers. gee, we've done most of complex numbers in like a week. teacher comes in, explains two chapters worth of complex numbers (from patels book) and keeps saying, this easy boys, right? and then sets two chapters for homework in the patel book, and two chapters in the cambridge book.

surprisingly, some people manage to do all that. To tell the truth, i'm lucky i did most of complex numbers in hte holidays. :D so all that work during holidays while friends were in queensland has paid off. i get everything the teacher says. Can't do all the homework though...its psycho. :-\

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmm well we're working in parralells at Girraween. We've just started 2/3 unit integration and thats going to be our next 4 unit topic. we've done complex, polynomials and will be doing integration.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
For 3u, i think my schools done polynomials, circle geom, parametrics, 3d trig and trig equations. As for 4u, weve done complex numbers and will finish polynomials this week. next week well be starting integration.

Wohzazz

HSC
how do school finishing 3U last year work? i mean isn't there purely 3U people who don't do 4U. Or maybe they seperate is so all 3u classes are either purely 3u or 4u.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
My schools weird, the top maths class has already learnt 2u prelim and hsc stuff in year 11 (accelerated in 2u) and now theyre doing 3u prelim and hsc. But within the top maths class are the 4uniters who sit at the back supposedly "studying" :D Weve already learnt 2u prelim and hsc in year 10 and 3u prelim and hsc in year 11. Our lessons are after school so when the 3uniters have their classes, we do our own work. Its cos the top maths students have already accelerated in 3u prelim and hsc with the exception of 2 people who are doing 3u prelim 3u hsc and 4u hsc maths this year. those guys are struggling though... too much work! Then theres the second 3u class which does everything normally, i.e. 2u and 3u prelim in year 11, 2u and 3u hsc in year 12

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Supra
for 3u we've done trig (double angles and shit like that);binomials'parametris'and we;re gonna do circle geo soon

for 4u we done complex. nearly finished graphs, gonna start on conics and integration v. soon
Hey Krish, how do you know all this stuff, Attard didn't tell us did he?

aud

HSC
Originally posted by jdsimon
We just have one class called 4 unit, in which we do 3 and 4 unit
I like the way my school does it - 7 Maths classes where 3 of them are purely 2U, and 4 are 2U and 3U cause it's practically impossible to teach just 3U topics in 3U periods.

And then we have our 4U class which is separate, and has it's own line, but we often get stuck in the middle of a topic because our school moves the topics around... like we did everything Geometry related last year but are in the middle of Trig Functions at the moment... and haven't touched exponential or logarithmic...

So we had to learn about radians in 4U before 3U :D

grimreaper

HSC
Originally posted by aud
So we had to learn about radians in 4U before 3U :D
Yeah we had to do radians first in 4u to. As to the original topic, my school has only done complex no.'s and is half way through polynomials... lol I guess we're slow

aud

HSC
Originally posted by grimreaper
Yeah we had to do radians first in 4u to. As to the original topic, my school has only done complex no.'s and is half way through polynomials... lol I guess we're slow
Woah, that is pretty slow... considering that the Harder 3U topic is meant to be 40%, the other 8 (?) topics have to fit into 60%... we've done Complex, Graphs, and in the middle of Conics - everyone looks like they did Integration second... but we can't, cause we haven't done it in 3U :D

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hehe, i don't get it. Most of the course is based on calculus. So why don't they teach us calculus in year 11? oh thats right, they want to examine us on calculus. damn, didn't ever think of that. hrmph

but yeah, we haven't even done trig functions yet, nor calculus of logs. no radians is in functions, but we still haven't done it, even for 4u.

and are you sure that 40% of the 4u paper is harder 3u? *doubtful* 40% seems a bit excessive. you sure?

Wohzazz

HSC
i think he means the time dedicated to 4U in class...
.........but that doesn't makes sense anyways because there not really new concepts to teach, just refining and extending existing ones (from 3U)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)