4u students and ranks in 2u (1 Viewer)

xzkevinzx

HSC
I know that if you complete the 4u course that your 2u marks dont count and you "dont do 2u". So does that mean the internal ranks of 4u students dont count as well, because 4u students obviously have a slight advantage over 2u people. 4u students still do 2u assessments at school, just not the hsc right?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
in some schools, students do the 2u assessments just in case they drop down to 3u.
and yeah, we don't do the 2u hsc exam, only 4u and 3u.

internal ranks don't count, unless you drop down to 3u or 2u

I did equally well in my 4u assessment and 2u assessment, so 4u all the way :D

nonsenseTM

HSC
I know that if you complete the 4u course that your 2u marks dont count and you "dont do 2u". So does that mean the internal ranks of 4u students dont count as well, because 4u students obviously have a slight advantage over 2u people. 4u students still do 2u assessments at school, just not the hsc right?
as he said, not all schools require 4u students to do 4u, some school do just in case they drop to 3u

and yes it doesn't affect the rank of 2u

mioumiou

HSC
in some schools, students do the 2u assessments just in case they drop down to 3u.
and yeah, we don't do the 2u hsc exam, only 4u and 3u.

internal ranks don't count, unless you drop down to 3u or 2u

I did equally well in my 4u assessment and 2u assessment, so 4u all the way :D
It's the same as our school!!! :p

duckcowhybrid

HSC
You do not do the 2U HSC exam, and some schools, like mine dont even do the 2U exams internally either. I havent done a 2U exam since Prelims.

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
You do not do the 2U HSC exam, and some schools, like mine dont even do the 2U exams internally either. I havent done a 2U exam since Prelims.
ah not fair. I had to do the 2u exams as assumed knowledge xP
i had 50 mins left in my 4u exam, was kinda short o-o
and couldn't do one whole question
had to like bs all of it xD

MetroMattums

HSC
Yeah that's why some schools decide to have their 4U students do the 2U HSC exam in their Preliminaries to "consolidate" the knowledge so they don't have to assess them the following year.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have to do my 2U tests up until the Trial where apparently I'll be asked, "Do you want to continue with 4U or do 2U instead?" That's when I decide. If I choose 4U I don't do the 2u exams anymore, if I choose 2u, I drop 4u.

Although being the first person ever to do it at my school, it'll be quite interesting to see how it works out.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
In our school the 4 unit students only had to do the first assessment, ie. Series.

Then we didn't do anymore internal assessments for 2U.

However I did 1 mark off first (ie. 34/40) in that first assessment :D

js992

HSC
In our school, they make us do it up to half yearlies (last week) so now I dont have to do anymore 2U exams.

We do it in the case that some people drop down to 3U, which is probably a good idea since about 10-15 people have already dropped it in the past month.

If it seems like we didn't try because "it doesnt count" or just did bad in general, apparently we risk getting N awards since the 2 unit course is included in the 3 unit course.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
If it seems like we didn't try because "it doesnt count" or just did bad in general, apparently we risk getting N awards since the 2 unit course is included in the 3 unit course.
Maybe internally they would do that. But they only submit assessment marks from Ext 1 and Ext 2, so you could wipe the 2U assessments with your backside and just get really good marks in Ext 1 and Ext 2 assessments... :p

js992

HSC
Haha, it makes no difference really, anyone doing 4u should be able to complete the 2U exam with their eyes closed as 2U knowledge is generally required for the 3 and 4 unit course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)