5 teachers for one subject? (1 Viewer)

Sezza08

HSC
I have had 5 teachers for Chemistry... thoughts?

Is there such thing as a "bad" teacher? Is it possible for a "bad" teacher to effect your marks? Are there "good" teachers?

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
1 - Yes
2 - Only if you let it.... If you work hard to make up for a teachers badness then no it won't effect your marks
3 - Yes

I have some of both for my teachers :p

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Ah, Sezza... Well normally, I'd lecture you and say that the fact that we've had 5 chem teachers has nothing to do with your marks, but I won't this time... I'm sure you've heard enough of it from me at school. But really, what's so bad about doing your own study? I've pretty much taught myself chemistry and physics, because my teacher is that bad...

Sezza08

HSC
squeenie said:
Ah, Sezza... Well normally, I'd lecture you and say that the fact that we've had 5 chem teachers has nothing to do with your marks, but I won't this time... I'm sure you've heard enough of it from me at school. But really, what's so bad about doing your own study? I've pretty much taught myself chemistry and physics, because my teacher is that bad...
Yes, I agree. I'm not saying you cant possibly self study... we both did it in year 10 for IPT, but can you say that you can possibly teach yourself better than if you had a "good" teacher as well as doing your own study. It's better, in my opinion, to have someone to introduce it to you, that you can ask questions to. I dont know about you, but my textbooks dont usually come with an interactive teacher that answers your questions..

insomniac90

7/9/08
HSC
urgh, and i was complain about having 3 teachers and currently subs for music.
to answer your question:
1. yes you can have bad teachers. my chem teacher is the perfect example.
2. maybe, but in the end its really how much you want the marks
3. yes, there are good teachers, and those are the ones that really affect your marks.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Sezza08 said:
Yes, I agree. I'm not saying you cant possibly self study... we both did it in year 10 for IPT, but can you say that you can possibly teach yourself better than if you had a "good" teacher as well as doing your own study. It's better, in my opinion, to have someone to introduce it to you, that you can ask questions to. I dont know about you, but my textbooks dont usually come with an interactive teacher that answers your questions..
Ah, well I was just being the cynic that I am there. I don't know. I've had a lot of crappy teachers (like, year 10 commerce - I went from having the best teacher to the worst, because my timetable got screwed up), and often, I've wanted to snap at them. But of course, I'm just too nice, as you said today, huh? I think I send myself on too many guilt trips.

HSC
yes theres bad teachers, but they only affect your marks if you let them

and yes theres good teachers aswell :)

we have had 4 chem teachers lol ... they haven't been tooooo bad tho... just all have had REALLY different teaching styles and its a bit to get used to...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
sarah! study damnit!
i KNOW you have had 5 teachers
but STUDYYYYYYYY!

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
Sezza08 said:
I have had 5 teachers for Chemistry... thoughts?

Is there such thing as a "bad" teacher? Is it possible for a "bad" teacher to effect your marks? Are there "good" teachers?
have a whinge, chump.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
dood09 said:
have a whinge, chump.
I'm in her class for chemistry, and I can well understand where she's coming from. Seriously, I think we have enough grounds for an appeal now. We never finished the year 11 chem course, and we've had only one decent teacher, who only stayed for one term.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
wixxy2348 said:
sarah! study damnit!
i KNOW you have had 5 teachers
but STUDYYYYYYYY!
Liz, don't you think we've already tried that? This is why I got a chem tutor in the first place. Our current teacher can't teach to save her life!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
haha dw christine our teacher is totally thumbs down too
(the study thing was a joke lol)
and i've heard all about your school's chem teacher stories
im amused, apart from the fact that it has stuffed you guys over lol

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
wixxy2348 said:
haha dw christine our teacher is totally thumbs down too
(the study thing was a joke lol)
and i've heard all about your school's chem teacher stories
im amused, apart from the fact that it has stuffed you guys over lol
Stuffed us over? I think that's a bit of an understatement...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
well i could be all eloquent and what not
resulting in awesome dramatic effect
but hey

runnable

HSC
Try not to let the quality of teachers affect your ability and performance.

tenice

HSC
what a lot of ppl do is let the bad teacher be an excuse for their own poor performance

i used to think that to...

AND I STILL DO because its their frkn fault for u skrewing up
i mean its extremely unmotivating when:

- ur teacher sets the half yearly exam and then gets her own questions wrong [this is what pretty much made me give up hope]
- is completely redundant without her textbook
- needs to ask the other decent teachers the question you just asked her in order to be able to answer your question

of course its always possible to do well in hsc by studying and learning syllabus urself but this is a huge waste of time. now you suddenly have 6 extra "free periods" a week when you could be learning the actual subject if you had a competent teacher.

i never understood why the best teachers would teach the top kids [Maths 1 and Chemistry 1] and then the 'shit for brains' teachers are left with us. shouldnt the stupid kids get the most help?

cant just throw a crap teacher together with crap students and expect us to do well, especially when the entire classrooms combined IQ level doesnt even add up to 3 digits.

the smart get smarter and the dumfks get dummer.

lucky i dropped all my subjects with her as my teacher.
wonder if she's even noticed her class of 28 is now down to 5...

karnage

HSC
I got a great chemistry teacher, she knows everything and i mean everything. :eek: She doesnt even need to teach from a book or refer to any textbooks or anything. If i ever have any questions she answers it pretty damn quick smart.

But that doesnt mean my class is great. We bludge all the time :uhhuh: She gives us too much freedom :)

Sezza08

HSC
tenice said:
what a lot of ppl do is let the bad teacher be an excuse for their own poor performance

i used to think that to...

AND I STILL DO because its their frkn fault for u skrewing up
i mean its extremely unmotivating when:

- ur teacher sets the half yearly exam and then gets her own questions wrong [this is what pretty much made me give up hope]
- is completely redundant without her textbook
- needs to ask the other decent teachers the question you just asked her in order to be able to answer your question

of course its always possible to do well in hsc by studying and learning syllabus urself but this is a huge waste of time. now you suddenly have 6 extra "free periods" a week when you could be learning the actual subject if you had a competent teacher.

i never understood why the best teachers would teach the top kids [Maths 1 and Chemistry 1] and then the 'shit for brains' teachers are left with us. shouldnt the stupid kids get the most help?

cant just throw a crap teacher together with crap students and expect us to do well, especially when the entire classrooms combined IQ level doesnt even add up to 3 digits.

the smart get smarter and the dumfks get dummer.

lucky i dropped all my subjects with her as my teacher.
wonder if she's even noticed her class of 28 is now down to 5...
i think we may possibly have the same mind... :uhhuh:

karnage said:
I got a great chemistry teacher, she knows everything and i mean everything. :eek: She doesnt even need to teach from a book or refer to any textbooks or anything. If i ever have any questions she answers it pretty damn quick smart.

But that doesnt mean my class is great. We bludge all the time :uhhuh: She gives us too much freedom :)
:lol: oh oh , want to swap??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)