$50 (1 Viewer)

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
Hey guys well its the day before the test and i got a good 23 hours before it begins. Anyone have any suggests for how to best use this time, ie, should we just read over notes, should do a practice paper, or should I try and write up an essay and memorise it, or just try and memorise some quotes, any help would be appreciated. btw the first to reply to this is really sexy.

bassqueen16

HSC
im also in this dilemma, im sick of writing practice responses, and most of the time when i memorise an essay the question is completely different and you forget half of it anyway :p SOO what im going to do is write up notes about the different themes and contexts and then just go over those and do summaries :)

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
Cool yeah i will probably do that too, except i havent done any practice responses yet. Btw u win the sexy prize.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
dont bother memorising essays.. cuz sometimes u cant adapt... learn the points from essays.. :)... maybe 1-2 sentences long or evenjus one word... im sure we are able CAPABLE of writing and elaborating in exams... so leanr the points... and make sure u refer to the questions,... i suggest memorising quotes if u needed to memorise anything.. cuz your quotes can act as a tool to refer to the value/theme in your text and so on....

GOOD LUCK =)

Tim035

HSC
If you have a prepared essay, cut it down to what I call a skeleton. This involves just having the one or two sentences you will use in your introduction to introduce your texts.And in each paragraph just the meaty stuff like the quotes, techniques and linking of texts. That way when it comes to answering the question you can fill in the first sentence and last 1 or 2 sentences in each paragraph based on the emphasis of the question but you'll already have the important aspects which don't change not matter what the question is asking.

As for me I wrote 3 essays to unseen questions yesterday. I've written King Lear this morning to a feature article (just in case) and my shoulder and wrist are really sore so im just reading over my generic 'skeleton essays' again and again. And then I'll probley condense those even more into something I can read over just b4 walking into the exam tommorow.

English is probley the hardest subject to study for the day before as theirs no essential facts or fininte concepts that you can cram or expand on your summaries etc. Really if you don't know what your going to talk about tommorow by now you are screwed.

T

Testpilot

And what if the question is totally different to anything you've seen before/ prepared.

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
I reckon save the most different one for last, nail the other 2 and new can just chill and think about if and make it nice and creative and then just make it a good quality piece of work that you can be proud you made your best effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)