7 tips to de-stress and re-motivate yourself, how do you stay motivated? (1 Viewer)

NSWTutors

HSC
So the exams are coming soon. I've noticed some people are stressed and lacking motivation. Follow these steps to get back into productive study mode.

Step 1. Take 5 deep breaths, NOW

Step 2. Get a glass of water/green tea

Step 3. Remove all distractions e.g. Facebook, games, movies, drugs (especially depressants like mj)

Step 4. Organise your desk if it's a mess

Step 5. Check out this video to get you in the study mood =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HZfoJuB8-8 :guitar:

Step 6. Now, break down your study periods into lots of mini-tasks. (The leading cause of being anxious at this time of the year is feeling overwhelmed.)
a) Write down three mini-tasks on a post-it note
(A mini-task is anything you feel you can handle and accomplish right now. It could be learning a single dot point, answering 10 maths questions, memorising 10 quotes/techniques in English, writing an introduction for an essay etc.)
b) Stick the post-it notes in places you'll see them e.g. on the computer, on the desk, on the TV, on the fridge, in the bathroom, on your walls (Thanks 2011_)
c) At the end of the day congratulate yourself on how many completed mini-tasks you've done!
Note: Remember to schedule short breaks

Repeat Steps 1-6 each time you are feeling stressed/unmotivated.

And most importantly,
Step 7. Remind yourself that the HSC doesn't go on forever. It'll all be finished in less than 3 months time.
Stay strong and study hard now, you won't regret it =)

NSW Tutors

Why not share how YOU stay motivated and focused?

Share these tips and our music video with anyone else who you think might need that extra bit of help to get going! + oil guys

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
So the exams are coming soon. I've noticed some people are stressed and lacking motivation. Follow these steps to get back into productive study mode.

Step 1. Take 5 deep breaths, NOW
Step 2. Get a glass of water/green tea
Step 3. Remove all distractions e.g. Facebook, games, movies, drugs (especially mj)
Step 4. Organise your desk if it's a mess
Step 5. Watch a fun motivational video =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HZfoJuB8-8 :guitar:

Step 6. Now, break down your study day into mini-tasks and put them on post-it notes
Write down the next three mini-tasks you want to complete today
A mini-task could be learning a dot point, answering 10 maths questions, learning the next paragraph in English, writing an introduction for an essay etc.)
At the end of the day see how many completed mini-tasks you've done!
Note: Remember to schedule short breaks

Repeat Steps 1-6 if you ever feel stressed/unmotivated again.

Step 7. Remind yourself that the HSC doesn't go on forever. It'll all be finished in less than 3 months time.
Stay strong and study hard now, you won't regret it =)

NSW Tutors

Share these tips and our music video with anyone else who you think might need some extra help!
ahaha I used to use post it notes. It works when it works. It fails when you're unmotivated.

HSC
Uni Grad
Step 3. Remove all distractions e.g. Facebook, games, movies, drugs (especially mj)
replace 'drugs' with 'depressants'

psychostimulants are very good for study

other BoSers have told me dexamphetamine is good, i haven't tried though

i tried methylphenidate for my trials and it was pretty effective, it's meant to be similar to amphetamine and cocaine

NSWTutors

HSC
psychostimulants are very good for study
I would be careful with any "study drug."
It can mess up your body's normal sleep cycle and leads to decreased memory consolidation.
Also it has a wide variety of effects on different users, so use at your own risk!

fakermaker

HSC
*Sees thread title* Oh Cool! this could be helpful.

*sees OP is NSWtutors* Oh shit, it's gonna be about that shitty video again

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
i tell myself that if i study hard that i'll make heaps of money, and maybe one day i'll have friends

NSWTutors

HSC
*Sees thread title* Oh Cool! this could be helpful.

*sees OP is NSWtutors* Oh shit, it's gonna be about that shitty video again
We're trying to be helpful and promote the video! Can't we do both?
If we can get just one of you guys to do better in your exams, then the "shitty video" would have been worth it =)

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
^ zomg waste of post it notes :p
3x365=1000+ notes a year :O
lol I didn't use it everyday. I used it only when I had heaps of shit to do on the one weekend, so I made sure I did everything. Pretty satisfying ticking a list off at the end of the day.

NSWTutors

HSC
What would you suggest to prevent that performance fall D: just motivation?
To prevent that performance fall, students should try to relax.

You can relax by meditating, going for a walk, chatting with a friend, reading a light novel, going out for dinnner etc.
Anything which is easy on the mind and something you enjoy helps prevent that performance fall. It ain't just motivation =)

I used it only when I had heaps of shit to do on the one weekend, so I made sure I did everything. Pretty satisfying ticking a list off at the end of the day.
Yes it is very satisfying! It helps me stay focused on what's important in my studies. The pin-board behind my computer has a pile of completed mini-tasks and just one space for my current tasks which I'm ticking off right now.

Last edited:

jamesfirst

HSC
I'm not stressed out at all because I know I'm prepared.

I was really stressed in trials, which worked against me.

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
OMG there are drugs that help you with your studies?!!

Pleease give me some!!!!!!!!

2011_

HSC
Thanks NSWTutors. I did 3 HSC subjects last yr and my tip is:
When revising English quotes, Chemistry formulas etc. write them on a post it note and stick them to the wall in places you go regularly (eg. near your desk, by the bed, in the living room). It works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)