9 australians in bali drug bust.. (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Nine-held-in-Bali-heroin-bust/2005/04/18/1113676706273.html

wat do ya think?

they could have waited and picked him up wen he came into sydney, but they chose to inform authorities in bali and have them arrested there (and hence face the death penalty)

alos as a note - don't u love how wen ever any of this happens, the heading is Australian faced with death penalty or Australian caught in drug smuggle, and then wen they show the picture of who it is, ist never an "australian" as such, always a foreigner with australian citzenship.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You've got to be stupid to traffic drugs in a country where you can get the death penalty for it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You've got to be stupid to traffic drugs in a country where you can get the death penalty for it.
Pretty much.

Generator

HSC
N/A
gordo said:
alos as a note - don't u love how wen ever any of this happens, the heading is Australian faced with death penalty or Australian caught in drug smuggle, and then wen they show the picture of who it is, ist never an "australian" as such, always a foreigner with australian citzenship.
Why are they any less 'Australian' than an Anglo-Celtic/European Australian citisen?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i say lol
if ur stupid enough to traffic drugs full stop
then too bad
u have to face the consequences..even if it is death by firing squad

reemz

HSC
well they must b pretty stupid lol but hey do u think this would affect shabelle corbys case? did u hear wat the guy that got busted said ' wateva happened 2 shabelle hapened 2 him' 1 difference the drugs were found on him! honestly ppl these days

rockets

HSC
N/A
they deserve wot they get for being so dumb!!
Maybe Australia will save money in not having to imprison them here!!!

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I agree its pretty stupid to do it when you know you could face the death penalty. BUT...i totally disagree with this death penalty. WHat does it achieve..it only prevents those people from doing it again. Drugs will always be there, the grow the opium in Bali for god's sake. So youre never gonna illiminate the drugs. And people are still gonna traffic them, they will just get more and more sneaky about it.

Shooting someone isnt going to stop the problem. And as bad as drugs can be, its not worth shooting someone in the back. They are people after all, they dont deserve to die. imo, this indonesian goverment uses it to demonstrate the power that they wish they had, make everone fearful of them. Its ridiculous. It achieves absolutely nothing, and you would think someone would try and change the law. These 9 kids could be dead soon enough, and what difference is it going to make. None in the big scheme of things, but to the families etc...honestly.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lourai*87 said:
I agree its pretty stupid to do it when you know you could face the death penalty. BUT...i totally disagree with this death penalty. WHat does it achieve..it only prevents those people from doing it again. Drugs will always be there, the grow the opium in Bali for god's sake. So youre never gonna illiminate the drugs. And people are still gonna traffic them, they will just get more and more sneaky about it.

Shooting someone isnt going to stop the problem. And as bad as drugs can be, its not worth shooting someone in the back. They are people after all, they dont deserve to die. imo, this indonesian goverment uses it to demonstrate the power that they wish they had, make everone fearful of them. Its ridiculous. It achieves absolutely nothing, and you would think someone would try and change the law. These 9 kids could be dead soon enough, and what difference is it going to make. None in the big scheme of things, but to the families etc...honestly.
i think the death panalty is perfect
and if you want to traffic drugs..then you should die

Generator

HSC
N/A
soha said:
That would be a slight overreaction, don't you think?

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
wow, i went to school with one of the dudes (matt norman) who got arrested. he was one of those loser-ish people, his only "friends" were his sisters who the whole school referred to as "sea monkeys" cause they looked like those cartoon sea monkeys.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i can't believe, after the publicity with Schappelle Corby that these guys would be stupid enough to do such a thing.

and to say "whatever happened to Schappelle happened to me" when they've been caught with it strapped to their bodies is even more stupid. :uhhuh:

HSC
soha said:
Forgive me for diverting this discussion towards religion, but in the other thread didn't you say you opposed abortion because it was taking a life, and because you think killing is wrong?

spell check

HSC
gordo said:
don't u love how wen ever any of this happens, the heading is Australian faced with death penalty or Australian caught in drug smuggle, and then wen they show the picture of who it is, ist never an "australian" as such, always a foreigner with australian citzenship.
don't you love how foreigner with australian citizenship is an oxymoron, moron

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
an oxymoron involves two consecutive words, moron
i was being polite instead of saying asians.... (don't flame me, just accept that fact)

i rkn if those 9 guys get shot, idiots will think twice before smuggling drugs again
it also saves all our tax dollars which would have to be spent on a lengthy australian trial

the dude who decided that they should be arrested in bali must have had a hard night sleeping though :(

HSC
gordo said:
an oxymoron involves two consecutive words, moron
No.

a statement with two parts which seem contradictory; examples: sad joy, a wise fool, the sound of silence, or Hamlet's saying, "I must be cruel only to be kind".
I think you'll find it's often two consecutive words, but that doesn't make it a requirement that the words are together.

gordo said:
i was being polite instead of saying asians.... (don't flame me, just accept that fact)
That "fact" is accepted in cabbagehead circles, perhaps, but that's about it. Also, I don't think that was being polite at all, try as you might :)

gordo said:
i rkn if those 9 guys get shot, idiots will think twice before smuggling drugs again it also saves all our tax dollars which would have to be spent on a lengthy australian trial
I doubt it'll make a difference at all, given that the death penalty doesn't really seem to deter much (Given that the crimes keep happening). Also, nice to see your tax dollars worth more than the lives of others. Maybe they'll be spent on something more worthwhile! :rolleyes:

gordo said:
the dude who decided that they should be arrested in bali must have had a hard night sleeping though :(
Why would they? After all, they did the right thing and decided to save the tax payers money, while at the same time stopping people from trying to smuggle drugs due to the potential example which could be set here :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tattoodguy

i recon the australian authorities should first be concerned with the rights of australians--- not helping the indonesians. seriously what the fuck did they ever do for us?

Indonesia is fulll of shit. I dont think anyone can expect a fair trail over there-- from the media it apppears their country is rife with corruption.

i think its discusting for our government to have 9 australians murdered just to bolster relations with bali.

We already fork out like $1 billion for the tidal wave thing....and now we sacrifice 9 lives........................its stupid.

If there government is shit --------- our government should not be co-operating.

Does indonesia torture people?

Indonesia is a fucking scum co8untry ------- we do so much for their country-------- and then they still treat our citizens like shit.

as far as im concerned if we give them billions of dollars we have a right to smugggle drugs through there country.

Ungreatful fucking monkeys.

does indonesia have a history of abusing peoples rights etc? from my impressioin ................the courts etc..................it all seeems unprofessional.

Our governmetn should do more ---------- like where the fuck is david hicks ---

our government constantly betrays its citizens ---- not only leaving them for dead in jails all over the world,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but also by lying to us ------ and then thinking they have a right to be in power.

like that medicare thing whatever the fuck that was.

Our government shoudl be put on trial for treason.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
the gov'ts reaction was a bit weird, but its their won stuupid fsault, they could've at least been creative with their drug smugglin - like the Americans who shoved it inside hollowed out candles - they imported boxes of 100 candles, 3 candles in each box had drugs in em, only got vaught coz one of the customs guy bought one for his wife and the idiots sold him one with the drugs inside....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)