90+ in HSC subjects and Premier Award (1 Viewer)

supervesie

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding the award... I've been told that it's given to those who get above 90 in every exam . If this is the case, wouldn't it be easier for someone doing 2u Maths over someone doing 4u maths to get it?

If anybody could please clear this up, that would be great..

and best of luck everyone!!!! :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
assuming your in y11...

don't choose your HSC subjects to get premier's award, lol

choose to maximise your UAI

anyway 90+ in 4u is around top 30% which is easy

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Easy for the top 30%...evidently not for the other 70%.

supervesie

No, I'm in year 12.. Was just wondering whether they distinguished between hard and easy subjects on the actual hsc results (not just uai)

but thanks :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by supervesie
No, I'm in year 12.. Was just wondering whether they distinguished between hard and easy subjects on the actual hsc results (not just uai)

but thanks :)

they distinguish with scalling :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
We never know what Raw marks we get for anything in the HSC (Asessment and Exam).

jelly

um. Premier's Award...yeh, 90+ in at least 10units. I got it. Man...judging from last year, it's getting easier to get - that just degrades the whole award! yeh neways, they do scale subjects, but nonetheless you'll find that some ppl who got heaps high UAI still didn't get a Premier's Award. Scaling makes it fair but sometimes doesnt make it totally fair.

It's just a piece of glass, a foto with Bob Carr and something more to put on your CV...nothing much. Doesn't matter if u get it, doesn't matter if u dont. Just think of it as icing on the cake if you do get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)