95-96 uai what do you need? (1 Viewer)

dr3amy

For people who got a uai of around 95-96 what was your total marks for top 10 units for hsc Im very desperate to know!! Also for a subject like history your raw hsc mark is not the mark you're given for you hsc exam so how much would it differ by if anyone has any idea? LIke if you get 85 as raw mark would you be scaled up a bit or down a bit?

Do you guys think its possible for me to get around 95-96 if i perform a little bit crappier or similar to what ive done now in hsc. I go to a prety good public school usually in top 30-45 in state. Here's my ranking, (i think school marks means nothing)

Maths 2u 1/103
maths ext one 2/57
modern history 5/29
chemistry 4/60
eng adv 11/80
economics 7/38

Thanks for you time, i know it wont be completely accurate but i thought you people would be far more experienced than me, im just completely stressed right now ><

Last edited by a moderator:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
wow i think these ranks are pretty good and when combined with a top 50 school i think it's very possible to get 95+

HSC
well I didnt get 95/96, but I know 2 people who did at my school they got top 10% rank in 4 of their subjects, but by the looks of it your school has very nice rank, so I'd imagine its difficult to get any decent rank, I would say you would probably get 95, if not, at least 90's, good luck study hard

HSC
keep up your study, especially maths, you're going to have some people in your year who arent first, and very keen/likely to get 99 in the HSC and you'll get that as your assessment mark :D

dr3amy

wow really?!?! thanks guys! i feel so much better but still VERy stressed and scared, scared of stuffing up hsc

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Those are extremely good ranks =] But it does depend on your school's performance in that if you are only top because your school isn't very bright, then this may have adverse effects when you begin to do external testing against the State. However, judging by your consistently high ranking, I'm pretty sure a 95+ UAI will be possible! Congrats!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well good luck to you all. Just don't over do it and end up with RSI like I did. It makes first year uni really suck. Also take everything your schools say with a pinch of salt. They are often full of it.

dr3amy

My grade has so much freakily smart people so yea that wont be a problem. our career advisor said usually about 20ish people get uai of 95+ but thats like the top 10% and im not exactly in the top 10% for all my subjects because hist and eco has less people doing it

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You don't have to be in the top 10% for all subjects- it's your overall rank which matters (subjects like eco are harder than subjects like gen. maths- so if you rank average in eco, and someone ranks really well in gen. maths; you may still end up on top)... but then, who's to say you can't get 95+? Just because only 20 in the past get it doesn't mean only 20 from your grade will get it!

dr3amy

i just realised my school wasnt in the top 50 it was like 74 last yr, the top 50 was during my early years in that school -.-"" depressing..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Nothing says you can't pull it up!

When I first started in my school it was like 32nd... now it's top5.. did I actually have anything at all to do with that? nup!

Lanz122

uai

my school is one of the top private schools yet i have been screwing up all year...if i do well in hsc can i still pull it off with a good 85?

HSC
*is hitch-hiking on this thread* Does anybody know if Mary MacKillop College Wakeley is a top 50-in-the-state school? Or even in the top 100? Is there some place I can find out school rankings?

TIA

babywwq

HSC
someone tell me my UAI

Chem 1/62
PHy 2/57
2U maths 3/104
3U maths 4/54
Bio 5/78
ESL 6/74

my school rank is near 100

tennille

HSC
dr3amy_pisc3an said:
For people who got a uai of around 95-96 what was your total marks for top 10 units for hsc Im very desperate to know!! Also for a subject like history your raw hsc mark is not the mark you're given for you hsc exam so how much would it differ by if anyone has any idea? LIke if you get 85 as raw mark would you be scaled up a bit or down a bit?
I got a UAI of 95.30. My final HSC marks and final school ranks were:

Adv Eng: 85 --> school rank: 16/110
Eng Ext. 1: 46/50 --> school rank: 2/17
Maths: 90 --> school rank: 3/60
Maths ext 1: 41/50 --> school rank: 8/32
Chemistry: 86 --> school rank: 4/28
Physics: 89 --> school rank: 2/40
Food tech: 88 --> school rank: 1/20

Although your subjects differ to mine, so I wouldn't rely on my marks to get a UAI between 95-96.

Your ranks are quite good, so I think you have a chance of getting your desired UAI.

dr3amy

i feel so hopeless now, my hand completely stuffed up during eng paper 2, it just stopped working and was really stiff and weak during my first essay, i managed to finish it but i had to cut so much out and my writing is barely readable>< I filled out a misadventure form but i dont know if they'll accept it

but the most stupid thing is the reason i did crap for that paper is because i practice TOO much writing grrr its like better if you didnt even try

The physio said it wont recover for until about a couple of months and i have like modern his & eco essays to do aiya.

He said he'll fill out a form for me to get some extra time for essay writing or something, do you think BOS will allow that at time, is it too late to apply ??

huangker

Crammer
HSC
If its a real problem (i.e. not just a sore hand) and you can get your physio to submit documentation with your illness/misadventure application then the BOS will give you consideration etc.

With special provisions, applications to the BOS should have been in quite a while ago, but again, it its a genuine problem, they wont be unfair.

Read http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=89630 for some more info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)