99.90 | Physics 97 (3rd in state) | Chem 96 | HSC Phys & Chem tutoring (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
Can you tutor me how to do second year uni maths <3

HSC
Just curious, how come you didn't get a state rank for ext 1 considering you did get 100?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Just curious, how come you didn't get a state rank for ext 1 considering you did get 100?

I am not 100% sure about this but I think it's because a lot of students (well to be more precise more than 10) get 100, they look at your external mark and if it's the same as another students, they look at your internal mark and all that, I can't exactly remember and there are tiebreakers involved in it

There's someone on this forum who got 97 for English Advanced and was pretty close to state ranking it (and 97 is usually the state ranking mark)

Last edited:

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC

I am not 100% sure about this but I think it's because a lot of students (well to be more precise more than 10) get 100, they look at your external mark and if it's the same as another students, they look at your internal mark and all that, I can't exactly remember and there are tiebreakers involved in it

There's someone on this forum who got 97 for English Advanced and was pretty close to state ranking it (and 97 is usually the state ranking mark)
Yeah, a lot more than 10 students get 100 for 3U every year. If more than 10 students get 100 internal mark and 100% raw exam mark, the Board of Studies uses other means to pick which papers are the top 10 in the state (for example, they look at the conciseness of your answers).

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
wtf y is porcupinetree banned or am I just hallucinating?

sida1049

HSC
Yeah, a lot more than 10 students get 100 for 3U every year. If more than 10 students get 100 internal mark and 100% raw exam mark, the Board of Studies uses other means to pick which papers are the top 10 in the state (for example, they look at the conciseness of your answers).
The only thing between you and that state rank is your handwriting.

TheEverGreen

HSC
N/A
May I ask if you teach in Chatswood area? Could I please have your email address or contact number?

thcchang

HSC
N/A
Hi Jaden,

My son is in year 12, he needs some help with physics, I live close to USYD, can you tutoring him? I will discuss the details if you have time for him.

Tina

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)