• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A bit lost :S (1 Viewer)

kuroneko

HSC
Ok, so: it's taken me this long to actually realise and accept that I don't like Textiles & Design- and I have a few questions regarding my predicament.
  1. Is it too late to drop this subject? (I'm going into year 12 this year, already finished a term of it)
  2. Do you think it's a wise decision considering I'll be at 10 units after dropping?
All through year 11 I was thinking of using textiles as a 'cushion' in the HSC in case I did badly in my weak subject which I happen to love- Japanese continuers. Now I think the major project will be too much for me to handle... I know, I certainly took my time.
Advice would be very much appreciated :eek:

(I suppose I've answered my own question to an extent, I just want some outside opinions)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
1. its never too late to drop a subject. You can still drop the subject right up until your HSC exams, provided you have a minimum of 10 units remaining after you dropped it

2. It depends. Theres no point in studying a subject if you dont enjoy it. However since you dont have a safety net, then everything must count, so you cant afford to stuff up. I suppose if you did drop T&D, then you can devote more time to your other subjects.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Drop it. Even if you did stuff up, your mark in T&D is not going to be of that much use. Firstly, you don't enjoy it and it isn't likely that your going to go good in it. Secondly, it's not that good in terms of scaling.

Drop it and put more effort in your other 10 units to minimise the chances of stuffing up.

Good luck. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)