a book that made you cry (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
just borrowed "love life" from the library. its about this successfull couple and how the girl got diagnosed with cancer....

sounds like a cry fest to me.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
the bible made me cry...after i finished reading it i realised i had too much time. It failed to teach me the ways of the christian. I guess if i wanted to read a book that believed in stupid shit i coulda read twatlight.

If it was not explicit, this was a joke.

cheezle33

HSC
I think I almost cried at the end of 'Ptolemy's Gate'.

I loved that book :( still do, in fact.
hells yes:) as well as all melina marchetta books and once and them by morris glietzman.... um and a lot more... i'm a highly pathetic individual:)

team-edward

HSC
The time travellers wife i was full enjoying the book and then half way you know that the main guy dies

wuthering heights is really sad

harry potter 7 i was really sad when snape died :(

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Frankenstein cause it was so shit and boring after the first two pages, couldn't bring myself to read the rest of it.

party

HSC
the kite runner was sad but love reading that book over and again for some reason lols

yups

HSC
Dracula and Frankenstein. absolute torture

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
gotta love that 80% of the books in this thread are in various english syllabus' or so ridiculously well known its not funny.

does no one read anything outside school books or best sellers anymore?

yups

HSC
gotta love that 80% of the books in this thread are in various english syllabus' or so ridiculously well known its not funny.

[does no one read anything outside school books or best sellers anymore?
LOL i was thinking this the other day .. the only books i've ever read in my life are the ones i was forced to read (even in primary school . i just read the books i had to when we had little book projects)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Just because they're in English syllabi and are on the best seller's list, doesn't always mean they're terrible books. Twilight, yeah, pretty terrible. But some are there because they actually deserve to be.

Personally, all old-ish writers tend to annoy me. I couldn't be bothered even finishing Wuthering Heights and didn't particularly enjoy Frankenstein. It's all very... whiny, I find.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC

does no one read anything outside school books or best sellers anymore?
I read Frankenstein two years before I had to study it for the HSC just because I wanted to read it. Some people like reading classic novels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)