A christian perspective on belonging? (1 Viewer)

Emkm

HSC
I need to do a speech on the christian perspective of belonging.. i don't know what that is.. ?
any help is appreciated!

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC

This tends to be the christian perspective on everything.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just curious - why do you need to have a Christian perspective of belonging? I don't believe that 'readings' are apart of any Advanced course syllabus anymore.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Here are some verses that may help you get a better handle on it. I use the online Bible with keyword search: Bible.com - The Bible Online, Bible Prayer Room, Christian Community, Market Place and more..

Found using "Belong, Christ"
  1. Romans 1:6 (Whole Chapter)
    And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ.
  2. Romans 8:1 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Life in the Spirit ] So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
  3. Romans 8:9 (Whole Chapter)
    But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)
  4. Romans 12:5 (Whole Chapter)
    so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.
  5. 1 Corinthians 1:4 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Paul Gives Thanks to God ] I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.
  6. 1 Corinthians 3:1 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Paul and Apollos, Servants of Christ ] Dear brothers and sisters, [ Greek Brothers.] when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. [ Or to people who have the Spirit.] I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life. [ Greek in Christ.]
  7. 1 Corinthians 3:23 (Whole Chapter)
    and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.
  8. 1 Corinthians 15:22 (Whole Chapter)
    Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.
  9. 1 Corinthians 15:23 (Whole Chapter)
    But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.
  10. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (Whole Chapter)
    This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
  11. 2 Corinthians 10:7 (Whole Chapter)
    Look at the obvious facts. [ Or You look at things only on the basis of appearance.] Those who say they belong to Christ must recognize that we belong to Christ as much as they do.
  12. Galatians 3:29 (Whole Chapter)
    And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children [ Greek seed.] of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.
  13. Galatians 5:24 (Whole Chapter)
    Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
  14. Ephesians 3:6 (Whole Chapter)
    And this is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus. [ Or because they are united with Christ Jesus.]
  15. Philippians 1:1 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Greetings from Paul ] This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus.I am writing to all of God’s holy people in Philippi who belong to Christ Jesus, including the elders [ Or overseers; or bishops.] and deacons.
  16. Philippians 2:1 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Have the Attitude of Christ ] Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate?
  17. Philippians 4:21 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Paul’s Final Greetings ] Give my greetings to each of God’s holy people—all who belong to Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send you their greetings.
  18. Colossians 3:18 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Instructions for Christian Households ] Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting for those who belong to the Lord.
  19. 1 Thessalonians 1:1 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Greetings from Paul ] This letter is from Paul, Silas, [ Greek Silvanus, the Greek form of the name.] and Timothy.We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.May God give you grace and peace.
  20. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (Whole Chapter)
    Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
  21. 2 Thessalonians 1:1 (Whole Chapter)
    [ Greetings from Paul ] This letter is from Paul, Silas, [ Greek Silvanus, the Greek form of the name.] and Timothy.We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
  22. Hebrews 3:14 (Whole Chapter)
    For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.
  23. 1 Peter 3:16 (Whole Chapter)
    But do this in a gentle and respectful way. [ Some English translations put this sentence in verse 15.] Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ.
Found using "Belong, body":
  1. Romans 7:4 (Whole Chapter)
    Likewise, my brothers, [Romans 7:6; Romans 6:2 ] you also have died [Romans 8:2; Gal 2:19; 5:18; Eph 2:15; Col 2:14 ] to the law [Eph 2:16; Col 1:22 ] through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, [Romans 6:22; Gal 5:22; Eph 5:9] in order that we may bear fruit for God.
  2. 1 Corinthians 12:15 (Whole Chapter)
    If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body.
  3. 1 Corinthians 12:16 (Whole Chapter)
    And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body.
  4. Ephesians 4:4 (Whole Chapter)
    There is [Ephesians 2:16 ] one body and [ Ephesians 2:18 ] one Spirit—just as you were called to the one [Ephesians 1:18] hope that belongs to your call—
Hope that helps a little.

tellme

HSC
Read the Bible. Take into account how Jesus DIDN'T belong, how His struggle makes sense for Christians to also find it hard to belong, seeing as our strong moral standing and heightened sense of right makes us disliked in present (and past) society. Talk about how Jesus warned against this, and His assurance that we are a family, belonging to each other.

If you need more specific stuff, look into marriage and sex.

If you don't know a good book to read, try Mark. It's the shortest of the gospels.

All the best!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just curious - why do you need to have a Christian perspective of belonging? I don't believe that 'readings' are apart of any Advanced course syllabus anymore.
It is for some Critical Readings for eg Harwood Poems, so perhaps the OP's school is hitting two birds with one stone?

Rage01

HSC
You have to do readings for critical study of a text, like Hamlet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)