A Dilemma for dropping a subject or not (1 Viewer)

sklt

HSC
N/A
Hi, I hae dilemma involving my maths. I canot decide whether or not to drop from Ext 2 to Ext1. Currently I am ranked in the high 20s for Ext1 and near the bottom of the class of my Ext 2 of 18. I cannot decide whether to keep on with Ext2 or drop to Ext1. The problem is that I "think" that I can get a good mark in Ext2 but my severly poor results in the subject has set me back greatly, thus should I work harder on my Ext 2 or just drop to Ext1 and focus more on my other subjects which I am doing alright?

Thanks in advance :D

Note: This my first post, please move the thread if its in the wrong section. Thanks

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hi, I hae dilemma involving my maths. I canot decide whether or not to drop from Ext 2 to Ext1. Currently I am ranked in the high 20s for Ext1 and near the bottom of the class of my Ext 2 of 18. I cannot decide whether to keep on with Ext2 or drop to Ext1. The problem is that I "think" that I can get a good mark in Ext2 but my severly poor results in the subject has set me back greatly, thus should I work harder on my Ext 2 or just drop to Ext1 and focus more on my other subjects which I am doing alright?

Thanks in advance :D

Note: This my first post, please move the thread if its in the wrong section. Thanks
Correct Area

Don't bother dropping, your HSC is in a few months so all that time would be wasted

I say you may as well keep doing it

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think you should keep it, but maybe dedicate less effort? This is because some of the topics towards the end of 4U such as Harder 3U or Probability can greatly assist you in 3U.

sklt

HSC
N/A
Hmm, I understand what is being said. I thought about it a lot, including what has been said but my Ext 2 mark is "predicted" to be in highs 60 to 70s. Also our class has already done the harder probabilty and some Harder 3 unit along the way :S. But I "think" I can get an E3. hmm. I don't really know what to do.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hmm, I understand what is being said. I thought about it a lot, including what has been said but my Ext 2 mark is "predicted" to be in highs 60 to 70s. Also our class has already done the harder probabilty and some Harder 3 unit along the way :S. But I "think" I can get an E3. hmm. I don't really know what to do.
Keep it, you will regret it otherwise

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Talk to your mathematics teacher at school and get her/his opinion. He/she should know what you're capable of and give you an honest opinion.

sklt

HSC
N/A
I have talked to several staff and they have recommended that I should drop it, I think soley based on the marks avaliable to them, but I "think" that with the hours that I have applied to the subject is moderate but it has returned appaling results. Though I think my exam technique maybe is to blame.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep going, it makes it easier for mx1 first of all, secondly it's easy to get good hsc marks in mx2, even if your raw marks are bad.

sklt

HSC
N/A
I am doing 12 atm. And here are my rankings atm:
English Adv 34/105
Maths Ext 1 20/44
Maths Ext 2 17/18
Physics 20/44
Economics 18/42
Chemistry 24/48

School rank 54

100percentdux

HSC
N/A
Unless your mark is like 5/60.
Even if you rank 17/18, but your mark is very close to other people, then don't drop ext 2 maths.

100percentdux

HSC
N/A
I am doing 12 atm. And here are my rankings atm:
English Adv 34/105
Maths Ext 1 20/44
Maths Ext 2 17/18
Physics 20/44
Economics 18/42
Chemistry 24/48

School rank 54
drop either physics or chemistry so that you can focus on ext 2 maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)