a few q's abt my preferencs!Help (1 Viewer)

mm87511

HSC
first of all, my UAI is 95.1 and under EAS,which hopefully can give a bonus up to 5 points(but i dun think so)

1. my first preference is optometry at UNSW which requires 98.3 for 2004,is there any chance for me here?if not much, should I drop this course and put Law/Commerce at ANU as the first?

2.If i keep the Optometry as the 1st,then fail to receive an offer for it, will i still hv the same chance of getting an offer for my second preference?

3.If I wll be overseas when i need to enrol,wat do I need to do?

tat is everything i hv in mind now,thanx!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
mm87511 said:
first of all, my UAI is 95.1 and under EAS,which hopefully can give a bonus up to 5 points(but i dun think so)

1. my first preference is optometry at UNSW which requires 98.3 for 2004,is there any chance for me here?if not much, should I drop this course and put Law/Commerce at ANU as the first?

2.If i keep the Optometry as the 1st,then fail to receive an offer for it, will i still hv the same chance of getting an offer for my second preference?

3.If I wll be overseas when i need to enrol,wat do I need to do?

tat is everything i hv in mind now,thanx!
1. You will have a chance but remember you are competing with all other EAS candidates for the spots available and they may have higher UAIs than you. But if thats what you want to do most keep it first as if its not and you get what is first you wont be considered for it.

2. Yes, there are no disadvantages for you

3. Apply to allow someone else act on your behalf. Forms should be on the various uni websites

Acid

HSC
I'm having a similar problem, albeit with different courses. If I miss my first one, is there a chance that all the places will fill up on my second preference before they get to me? Both preferences 1 and 2 are at the same uni.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No they don't do it that way.

What they do is
Put the people with a UAI of 100.00 in spots
Then those with 99.95

Say they get down to 99.5 and one person wanted a spot that was filled. They then put them in their second preference.

You will be chosen based on your UAI not on what prefrence you put it as.

mm87511

HSC
Now another major painful question... :mad:
You see my first preference is UNSW in sydney,but the 2nd is in canberra..where my boy has both of the top 2 prefernce in canberra..if i do receive an offer from optometry we will hv to be separated(read break-up in a short time)..

so tell me if optometry has a better career opportunity or law/commer? :vcross:

Lainee

HSC
You're deciding your possible future career based on... *pulls hair out* I refuse to believe you exist.

S

Shuter

Lainee said:
You're deciding your possible future career based on... *pulls hair out* I refuse to believe you exist.
You don't venture into "Love and Relationships" too often do you?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
mm87511 said:
Now another major painful question... :mad:
You see my first preference is UNSW in sydney,but the 2nd is in canberra..where my boy has both of the top 2 prefernce in canberra..if i do receive an offer from optometry we will hv to be separated(read break-up in a short time)..

so tell me if optometry has a better career opportunity or law/commer? :vcross:
In the end the decision you make must be based on what you want to do most, that is persue a degree that you most want to do or go where your boy goes.

mm87511

HSC
still cant decide...difficult...
i like law/commerce but it seems optometry has a good starting salary and most importantly stable job...it means i dun need to fight for my future..or likely
where as law,i might end up to be a small office lady if i dun work hard... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)