A good science major for someone interested in health and nutrition? (1 Viewer)

iheart1

HSC
I am currently at UNSW and am transferring Comm/sci instead of comm law next semester. I like business but I have always been super passionate about healthy eating, exercise nutrition etc.
I see USYD has nutrition and metabolism as a major but UNSW science doesn't seem to have anything like that.
Can someone help please?
I either want to go into medicine or nutrition postgrad and apply my business skills to that. I love economics too.
Thankyou

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Look at the handbook and go through the major lists there, see what interests you.

iheart1

HSC
i did, but nothing does lol i was wondering if something is 'code' for health sciences :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, if nothing else - look again at the majors list, click them and see what courses you'll do and read the course descriptions.

iheart1

HSC
Hahah I'm actually considering it though :/ but don't want to lose credit for econ1101 econ1203 and acct1501 I have done at unsw

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
what about this?
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2014/FOODD13060.html
i dont think you can combine with commerce but they have a list of electives that include some of the courses you have already done. if not you could do the food science major for b sci and it would be pretty similar and go well with business. also you get to eat food in class ive heard ^_^ physiology would also be a good major related to metabolism and medicine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)