A message for class of 2005/6 (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Hmm. Close. I'll be 17 and turn 18 at 2 months into semester 1. I've wanted to go to Queensland for ages, though. Now's my chance. It helps that UQ is probably one of the best, if not the best, uni in Aus for the biological sciences, as well as nanotechnology. It's got about 80 million funding for nanotech, and about 100 million for biotech. And have you seen Brisbane, especially UQ's St Lucia campus? Aha. But I could go on for hours.

Actuarial doesn't interest me. True, I am likely to change my mind on what does interest me a few times throughout my life, but if I pick something which is close to what generally interests me, and has done so for many years, I have a better chance of getting it right the first time.

Are you considering it?
I'm considering B Com. Whether or not I choose to major in Actuarial is a decision I'll reserve for a year's time from now :)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
balance your shit out. about 50-60% work and 40-50% play.

i have 2 majors.. not so bad tho is it?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
illmatic said:
balance your shit out. about 50-60% work and 40-50% play.
nah I wouldnt go more than 40% play...if that but see how you go.. if your getting to much play ... cut back a bit, experiment now before the big workload comes

illmatic said:
i have 2 majors.. not so bad tho is it?
No 2 majors is fine.. just plan ur time...

2rko

HSC
i got two majors and am already stressing cause i did nothing these holidays
the problem with me is ... i sit there n think "oh mann i've got sooo much work to do ... ohh boy wtf am i gonna do ... ohh shit oh shit oh shit ..." and then dont do anything at all ... or watch t.v. i can't break the habit and it kills me

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
2rko-

What subject is ur major in... and yes motivation can be a big problem. You can talk to your teachers about it. Im sure theyd be willing to help or ask some of ur friends to watch u and make sure u do it.. I used ot ask my teacher if I could stay back in the afternoons and they supervised me.. so I was able to get it done.

Danielle-

What subjects?.... 3 is fine as long as u manage ur time
I did 4 :S I recommend no more that 3...

tell me what subjects. I may be able to help you.

2rko

HSC
flipsyde said:
2rko-

What subject is ur major in... and yes motivation can be a big problem. You can talk to your teachers about it. Im sure theyd be willing to help or ask some of ur friends to watch u and make sure u do it.. I used ot ask my teacher if I could stay back in the afternoons and they supervised me.. so I was able to get it done.

i've got history ext. and also my society and culture PIP... i know i should ask for help from the teachers and so on except most of my friends are like me .. orr very self-absorbed (hsc tends to do that) in that i suppose they have the whole .. well whats in it for me :rolleyes: attitude.. that staying back thing sounds pretty good except id feel weird asking them to stay back and supervise :eek:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
2rko said:
i've got history ext. and also my society and culture PIP... i know i should ask for help from the teachers and so on except most of my friends are like me .. orr very self-absorbed (hsc tends to do that) in that i suppose they have the whole .. well whats in it for me :rolleyes: attitude.. that staying back thing sounds pretty good except id feel weird asking them to stay back and supervise :eek:
well dotn feel weird.. if its going to help you they'll work something out with you.. unless ur teacher is an arse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)