a new Webct? (1 Viewer)

zkuld

newblet
HSC
Currently being used for a few computing courses AFAIK. I used it last semester for computing, and from what I remember my lecturer said something about a beta version of the new webct or something. It's nothing special really, and it's slower and more annoying than the other webct. Good points to it is that you can submit assignments, store things on the server, talk to online members, receive assignments as they come... I don't know if these are already in the normal webct though :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yep, I think they will implement Vista in 2006, replacing Webct. I am doing my gen ed on Vista at the moment and it's really crap compare to Webct. It keeps reloading when you read a post on the discussion and don't have much features.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
t-i-m-m-y said:
Carl.. how did you find out about this??
They're starting to use it for 3rd yr math. I agree; it is damm slow.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
I just think its a cute pic hehe. Eating the book is supposed to signify my thirst for knowledge (i'm definitely not a christian nut who is in search of the religious "truth").

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Damm, theyre using this crazy newfangled webct for my 2nd yr courses too

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lucky I won't (probably) experience that...all my subjects are on the old webct

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'd love something like this to be implemented at my uni. Our Webct is terrible. Absolutely archaic.
Blackboard is a bit better (used for eco & bus courses) but doesn't utilise message boards etc very well (at least not in my experience). Must admit though that blackboard is ten thousand times better than webct
I've attached a screenie

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
zkuld said:
Good points to it is that you can submit assignments ... talk to online members, receive assignments as they come... I don't know if these are already in the normal webct though :p
At least those 3 things I quoted are already available on the current WebCT hmmm. Half the teachers don't know how to set up the current WebCT, a new one would prolly drive em crazy! :O hehehe

KD

HSC
N/A
Lecturers will not be able to use Vista until they complete a Vista training course and complete various assignment tasks. This should improve the quality of those courses using Vista.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)