a nice perfume to get a girl? (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
all of the ones mentioned above with the exception of the two chanel fragrances are pretty shit tbh because they are mostly SO boring. the new marc jacobs is in the most hideous bottle i have ever seen.

if she likes flowerbomb i'm assuming she likes fresh floral scents, but find out for sure what she likes. tell her you want to go try out some for yourself, take her with you and see what she is most interested in. once that is done, figure out your price range.

then when you know how much you want to spend, i'll come up with some suggestions

boganxcore

HSC
yah she likes floral scents. im willing to spend around $150 if necessary, but less is preferable

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
all of the ones mentioned above with the exception of the two chanel fragrances are pretty shit tbh because they are mostly SO boring. the new marc jacobs is in the most hideous bottle i have ever seen.
I bought my gf marc jacob's LOLA when it launched a month and a bit ago.. at $150 it wasn't too exp and it came with some nice freebies at myer. the bottle looked really beautiful imo which works well if ur girl likes flowers. and yes the gf liked it alot.

Oh and did i mention that as the guy, i like the smell too ;) that's important too!

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC

if she likes flowerbomb i'm assuming she likes fresh floral scents, but find out for sure what she likes. tell her you want to go try out some for yourself, take her with you and see what she is most interested in. once that is done, figure out your price range.

then when you know how much you want to spend, i'll come up with some suggestions
you have good taste and advice for the man.

laila09

HSC
Mariah carey's one that comes with the hand creams etc.
I saw in the target catalogue it is on special this week for $29.99.
It is a bargain! and is beautiful!:eek:

kfnmpah

HSC
Marc Jacobs - daisy

Or Chanel - mademoiselle

Or Kenzo - one of the flower ones in a long thin bottle

Or something by Anna Sui

something light and fresh. Not britney spears, it's a bit trashy.

philphie

Banned
HSC
flora by gucci has a lovely rose and osmanthus scent and i think it's only $100

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Don't get daisy by Marc Jacobs, it's terrible.

Of all the suggestions so far, i would definitely suggest miss dior Cherie l'eau, Chanel coco mademoiselle. I will add Chloe, Chanel chance or chance eau fraiche (though eau fraiche gets an absolute bashing from critics) bond no9s chinatown though that is expensive and quite musky, but it's a beautiful delicate floral. Also Frederic malle's angeliques sou la pluies though also pricey

I'm a snob though, I'm sure Lola and Flora are fine, I just couldn't think of anything worse than buying such ordinary scents. I would prefer my boyfriend to buy me a smaller bottle of a more complex perfume that less people are likely to be wearing.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't get daisy by Marc Jacobs, it's terrible.
I really liked this one too back when it came out (and bought it for my then girlfriend). But it's a bit old now... not sure if it aged that well like some of the others which are more timeless.

I'm a snob though, I'm sure Lola and Flora are fine, I just couldn't think of anything worse than buying such ordinary scents. I would prefer my boyfriend to buy me a smaller bottle of a more complex perfume that less people are likely to be wearing.
I guess it also depends on your personal style and class... my girlfriend is a bit younger than me (2nd year uni) and she liked the scent of Lola. Maybe it's not that unique but for purposes of wearing to uni, it isn't that ordinary. I'm no expert in this field but maybe the OP should consider where his girl would be wearing the perfume, what she's like, etc...

ps. I also wonder if the sophistication of a 'more complex perfume' might go over the girl's head if she's not that into perfumes or following of trends, etc... just another 2c to consider.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I really liked this one too back when it came out (and bought it for my then girlfriend). But it's a bit old now... not sure if it aged that well like some of the others which are more timeless.

I guess it also depends on your personal style and class... my girlfriend is a bit younger than me (2nd year uni) and she liked the scent of Lola. Maybe it's not that unique but for purposes of wearing to uni, it isn't that ordinary. I'm no expert in this field but maybe the OP should consider where his girl would be wearing the perfume, what she's like, etc...

ps. I also wonder if the sophistication of a 'more complex perfume' might go over the girl's head if she's not that into perfumes or following of trends, etc... just another 2c to consider.
this is exactly what i meant. i like complex fragrances because i know a little bit about perfume and how they work and what different bases mean (which seems to be a hell of a lot more than most david jones/myer counter ladies). but to me, i think wearing something that you don't smell all the time is awesome to anyone.

this is what i meant by lola being boring. it's not a terrible fragrance, it's just not one of those ones that someone will walk past you and go "ohh that's so awesome, what is it?!" because it smells like most other fresh florals. i still think the bottle is hideous too :eek: that's why coco mademoiselle is so perfect. it definitely has its place among floral fragrances but it stands above the rest because of it's (subtle) complexity.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
also if you arent too afraid to internet order then heeley's ophelia and tocca's giulietta are very nice. again, not very exciting but they aren't overpowering in an extreme rosey kind of way. giulietta has this really nice soapy/musk kind of dry down

jiratic

HSC
avoid things that are too mainstream, unless they're bona fide classics: look up some perfume blogs for inspiration.
Things that you can't go wrong with Thiery Mugler Angel, Chanel No 5. Miss dior, the older Dior perfu,mes (poison, savage, sort of line),.
Things that are trashy: 99% of Gucci/YSL/celebrity perfumes.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
thierry mulger angel is revolting to me but i know a lot of people that do like it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)