A problem has appeared! (1 Viewer)

pandaaMONIA

HSC
And this isn't pokemon!!!11!!.
No, seriously guys :p

Amazingly, I came home to find one of my Japanese Teachers had left me a voicemail, stating The Open High School, for next year, is running HSC Chinese Beginners. She also mentioned that she thinks I would be a good candidate for this course.
I did want to study Chinese, but there was no option in doing it. So, when this option has arisen, I do not know whether to take it, or leave it.
My current subject line up is as follows:
- English Advanced
- English Extension One
- Japanese Continuers
- Society and Culture
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Mathematics (2U)

Now, I'm pretty sure at University I want to do something along the lines of either Architecture/Japanese, Medicine/Bachelor of Arts or International Studies. The problem I am stuck with, is that I don't know which subject to drop so i can take Chinese Beginners?
I wouldn't drop Mathematics or Japanese Continuers, so my options are Society and Culture, Chemistry and Physics.

Any help would be largely appreciated!

Thanks heaps :)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Society & Culture. If you want to keep that because of International Studies, I did International Studies for one semester and I knew exactly what was going on without doing Society & Culture. Also, it's better to get a head start on languages in high school, because languages at uni are horrible.

pandaaMONIA

HSC
kaz1 said:
Drop Society and Culture.
That's what I was thinking of doing, But we're studying Japan - Which I don't know if that would help with my Japanese Continuers. =/

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
If you're thinking of doing medicine, I'm pretty sure that at least Chemistry is a pre resequite and maybe another science (I could be wrong)

Drop society and culture.

pandaaMONIA

HSC
TearsOfFire said:
If you're thinking of doing medicine, I'm pretty sure that at least Chemistry is a pre resequite and maybe another science (I could be wrong)

Yeah, sounds about right. Although I'm a bit scared of doing two Sciences :(.
I might mull it around my head, saying I have until tuesday to figure it all out.
Thanks heaps for the help!

HSC
Society and Culture.

Poor scaling and most likely irrelevant to your courses

same person

HSC
just remember that you can drop and pick up subjects at the end of year 11, so try and not stress too much

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
TearsOfFire said:

Chem is only a prereq for medicine at UTAS, Bond, etc.

No med schools in nsw do not have chem as a prereq.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
society and culture!
with two sciences and perhaps two languages, having the pip still will be crazy [if they still have it by the time you are in year 12]. doable, but quite stressful. if you put in the effort for jap, then learning jap in sac won't be that helpful. and there's no point keeping it just to help with another subject, especially when it's only one topic!
plus, i personally found it rather hard to get my head around how to write society essays for some reason and the syllabuses require some decoding rather than straightforward 'this is what you need to know about'. soo...my advice is to drop society and culture!
p.s. PM me if you have any questions because i did study it for hsc so yeh..

pandaaMONIA

HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
society and culture!
with two sciences and perhaps two languages, having the pip still will be crazy [if they still have it by the time you are in year 12]. doable, but quite stressful. if you put in the effort for jap, then learning jap in sac won't be that helpful. and there's no point keeping it just to help with another subject, especially when it's only one topic!
plus, i personally found it rather hard to get my head around how to write society essays for some reason and the syllabuses require some decoding rather than straightforward 'this is what you need to know about'. soo...my advice is to drop society and culture!
p.s. PM me if you have any questions because i did study it for hsc so yeh..
Thanks for that :)
I thought about it, and I've come up with dropping Chemistry, because I know for a fact it would be the worst of my subjects, then If I'm still up for Extension Japanes/ Extension English or both, I'll drop SAC.
Leaving me with Chinese Beginners, Japanese Continuers + Extension, Physics, Mathematics 2U, English Advanced + Extension 1 & 2.
My question being, if I did well in these subjects, would I still be able to obtain a UAI in the high 90s?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)