A promise? (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
consider this scenario - you are trying to convince your partner or mate to come to an outing. he (assuming it is a he) is not all that interested until you've pulled out the trump card - his crush (or bestfriend, if it is your partner) will be there as well. when he hears this, he becomes more than glad to come. fantastic, you've got yourself a buddy.

but, when you say that particular person is coming (and you weren't lying at that point), are you committed to make sure that person will actually be there at the outing? will it be your fault if that person doesn't come and your buddy has a miserable time?

is it, after all, a promise you've made?

BlytheChloe

HSC
IF it was a partner and they're not willing to go out with you and wants to be miserable all night just because their best friend doesn't show up then maybe they shouldn't be your partner.

If the person you told them doesn't turn up because they were never planning to then it's your fault. If they were planning to go but backed out then it's not.

K

katie_tully

no.
god, if it takes that much to get your friend to come out, leave the joy killing bastard at home

Evilo

HSC
BlytheChloe said:
IF it was a partner and they're not willing to go out with you and wants to be miserable all night just because their best friend doesn't show up then maybe they shouldn't be your partner.

If the person you told them doesn't turn up because they were never planning to then it's your fault. If they were planning to go but backed out then it's not.
Agreed - tell your other half to suck it up and take it. Otherwise he shoudlnt be your partner. Plus w(hy)tf would he come if your friend was coming? I mean if this event means alot to you then yeah. but surely you should eb enough of an "incentive".

I have to go to things (when my gf asks me) i don't "enjoy" (because i am not into the arts), but i suck it up and go - its what people do for each other (especially in a relationship). Actually it was a pretty fun night afterall. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)