A Question of Christian Theology (1 Viewer)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
SERIUS. i like your thinking.
i am christian, but in days of constant consumerism and trying to conform to the ideology of our generation, im leaving my CHRISTAN life at home and not sharing it with the general public, i get accused of ssoooo much but i dont understand why they blame me... im not JESUS im just labelled as being one of his followers..
Well what on earth is the point of carrying that 'label' - it doesn't seem to mean very much to you. All you are really doing is embarrassing people who wear it with pride, don't you think?

Ksubi

HSC
Well what on earth is the point of carrying that 'label' - it doesn't seem to mean very much to you. All you are really doing is embarrassing people who wear it with pride, don't you think?

Nope, my mum is a christian, and it means a lot to her, it used to mean the world to me, being a christian, to me it was like believeing in something that made me feel safe.

its still like that to some extent but im just starting my life you know, at this stage in life of course im going to try things that go against my beliefs. Its life. its human nature.

AZANAR.. sorry cant spell your name, i grew up a christian... that why im christian, i know its not a response with the answer to yours but that all i have.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Nope, my mum is a christian, and it means a lot to her, it used to mean the world to me, being a christian, to me it was like believeing in something that made me feel safe.

its still like that to some extent but im just starting my life you know, at this stage in life of course im going to try things that go against my beliefs. Its life. its human nature.

AZANAR.. sorry cant spell your name, i grew up a christian... that why im christian, i know its not a response with the answer to yours but that all i have.
So what you mean is: You have a Christian background, your mother is a Christian, and you are, at present, a non-Christian.

X

xeuyrawp

Do you respect "theologians" as an academic, even if they have done a phD?
Um, I guess it depends on the respective theologian? I'd be more inclined to respect a theologian who teaches at Oxford than one who teaches at UWS.

I mean is there really any difference between them and someone doing their phD on Harry Potter?
Yes?

I know Dawkins doesn't recongise it as a discipline, I'm inclined to agree.
That's correct, because he believes that god doesn't exist. However he does respect theologians as they can be extraordinarily intelligent people who understand the context of theology far better than a biologist.

These people are experts on what exactly? How to interpret Bible passages? The inner workings of "gods" mind?
It depends on their field? It wouldn't take a genius to google a university and have a look through their theology staff.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
now answr mine!
Sorry i did not see it.

Assuming that that God was the one true God instead of christianity, i would believe it regardless of how unpleasent it seems, god is omnicient, he knows our hearts he knows what we believe

Last edited:

Ksubi

HSC
uhmmm, that was a... er... mistake that RARELY happens.

Azarnakumar

Banned
HSC
so a person you dont know and have had fuck all contact with is your favourite person

Ksubi

HSC
very, very rare.
i stopped going on here coz i got insults left right nd center coz i said Hi.
people thought i was thacker nd at the time EVERYONE on BoS hated her.

so, NEW ACCOUNT! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)