a question (1 Viewer)

slyball

"In your answer, you should refer to the ideas and techniques of your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet Changing, and at least ONE other related text
of your own choosing."

that's in the 2002 paper for section iii. are we allowed to choose TWO texts from the changing booklet?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by slyball
"In your answer, you should refer to the ideas and techniques of your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet Changing, and at least ONE other related text
of your own choosing."

that's in the 2002 paper for section iii. are we allowed to choose TWO texts from the changing booklet?
you won't be awarded anything else, they only said ONE and didn't add the additional plural to the word "Text", so it's not necessary you'll be wasting your time, do as your told, it's not worth wasting time.

s2ophie

HSC
why would you want to choose another one? You can refer to another one within a paragraph eg The change in perspective is similar to the CIP in The Door. (Obviously a bit more fancy!)

you would be better talking about more than one related texts because that is going to be all your own work and more original.

slyball

i'm do fractals because i get high marks for that - 14 or 15/15. but i find that i just dive into the change in my related texts. it's lacking contingency. if i choose text 6 as well, then it'll all fall into place neatly.
"in contrast to the ... change in text 6, ... states that change is not merely ... but rather ... as well" (this is also more fancy).

i'm not really looking for extra marks, and time isn't an issue for me (i almost always write over a bos booklet with time to spare - i just want to perfect my work for my sake). i was just wondering if we get penalised.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by slyball
i'm do fractals because i get high marks for that - 14 or 15/15. but i find that i just dive into the change in my related texts. it's lacking contingency. if i choose text 6 as well, then it'll all fall into place neatly.
"in contrast to the ... change in text 6, ... states that change is not merely ... but rather ... as well" (this is also more fancy).

i'm not really looking for extra marks, and time isn't an issue for me (i almost always write over a bos booklet with time to spare - i just want to perfect my work for my sake). i was just wondering if we get penalised.
no u wont be penalised, thats absurd if u do

~SArAh~B~

No.. in fact if you "holistically" at the text you can't just refer to one. If you want to mention both the ones you mentioned and you feel you have the time to go in depth with all your texts then sure give it a shot. Markers like to give marks, not take marks and I reckon if one of them wasn't as strong as the other, they would only take into account the stronger of the two. I refer "holistically" to a few throughout my essays as it shows the examiners I truly understand many concepts of change and look at the stimulus booklet being one text not several!

Benno

HSC
if they say i only need to do 3 then im only gona do 3! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)