• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A question!! (1 Viewer)

KfWang

gday everyone, i stumbled acroiss a question the other day (might be from a past HSC) and i have no clue on what to write about it.. the question is:

Assess the impact of the Nazi Party on German society up to and including 1933

whats stumping me is the time period you need to write in, because Hitler only realy came to power in 1933, and i dont think the Nazis did too much before then

any help would be appreciated :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hmm yeh thats a bit weird...u cud talk bout the putsch and um how htey gained support from society in general, thus htey had a sig impact on society...id have to look at it more closely

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Hmmm it's the 2002 HSC question. Why don't you check out the standards package and have a look at what they wrote that year...what the hell, Ill just do that myself...brb hahaha

Edit: Ok, I had a look and they DO have an exemplar sample so check it out. The writing is too difficult for me to read...hahaha

Last edited:

Candypants

Well, Weimar Germany takes up about one third of the syllabus. You're not studying "Hitler and Nazi Germany" but "Germany 1918-45".

What they're really looking for though, is how the failures of Weimar (political instability, depression etc.) contributed to Hitler's accession to power.

But in this question, well obviously their impact on society wasn't very great before 1933, but what you need to say was why.

- You need stats of their voting percentages. For example, in 1926, they had 3% of the vote. In 1932 (post-depression), they had 37.3% of the vote. That shows that economic instability was more or less vital to their growth. Here you can go into detail about the Stresemann era and the depression, using historians' quotes.
- You need to talk about who initially supported the Nazis, and thus the impact it had on them in order for them to join it. Eg. ex-soldiers, peasants, the working class, anti-communists- all those disillusioned with Weimar.

And so on. I'm not gonna go and write every point you could say, but they're some starters.

You need to be able to think broadly, think outside the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)