a song of ice and fire - George R R Martin (1 Viewer)

ballin

Banned
HSC
has anyone read this / is anyone reading this?

I cant believe the best fantasy series since LoTR has flown under the radar for so long. How freakin good is it???

HBO is currently producing the TV series, scheduled for release this year. Hopefully it wont suck as much as "Legend of the Seeker" based on the Sword of Truth books by Terry goodkind.

LordPc

HSC
I've seen this book on Amazon and it looked like it might be a good read and I was thinking of picking a copy up

So what kind of fantasy is it? High Fantasy like LorT? Dark fantasy? etc

ballin

Banned
HSC
its epic fantasy. based on the War of Roses. its indescribable. has no real elves, or monsters or whatever, but then again, the true monsters are men. Once you begin reading it, you will not put it down. btw whats wrong with you, dont buy books. borrow

u-borat

Banned
HSC
comes across with that gritty noir feeling that's often seen as inspired by glen cook's black company. a lot darker than lotr tbh.
series has waned in the last few books; feast of crows especially is a filler text that goes nowhere, very reminiscent of the sad demise of robert jordan's wheel of time.

and its hardly flown 'under the radar'; martin's the 2nd best-selling fantasy author behind the aforementioned robert jordan.

LordPc

HSC
Borrow? bah, you buy your favourite books and display them like trophies. They are also there if you want to re read them at any time or just pick them up and have a quick browse if your feeling bored

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
its epic fantasy. based on the War of Roses. its indescribable. has no real elves, or monsters or whatever, but then again, the true monsters are men. Once you begin reading it, you will not put it down. btw whats wrong with you, dont buy books. borrow
What are you, poor?

This series is very good, although the author's clearly sexually frustrated as shit.

ballin

Banned
HSC
haha i am actually. and yes lol, though have you seen Mr. Martin? Makes sense. I kinda get turned on by the sex scenes though... something about a dwarf and a slut that just gets me going.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
What are you, poor?

This series is very good, although the author's clearly sexually frustrated as shit.
I refer you to Jacqueline carey's Kushiel series, which is 1/2 excellent storytelling in a medieval alternate world and 1/2 sex scenes, and usually deviant sex at that.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
comes across with that gritty noir feeling that's often seen as inspired by glen cook's black company. a lot darker than lotr tbh.
series has waned in the last few books; feast of crows especially is a filler text that goes nowhere, very reminiscent of the sad demise of robert jordan's wheel of time.

and its hardly flown 'under the radar'; martin's the 2nd best-selling fantasy author behind the aforementioned robert jordan.
I'd have to agree with this assessment. I've read the series and it seems to peter off just as Robert Jordan's series did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)