A UMAT question and Dentistry Question :) (1 Viewer)

JasonNg

HSC
Hi guys! Well... I have been told by a few of friends that some of the girls in my that want to do medicine in uni have already started UMAT tutoring. I'm only in year 11 this year but was wondering if it is the right time to start UMAT tutoring now. Like maybe buy the papers from a certain site like Medentry, or something and do like a few questions every weekend. Should i be doing this or should i just wait until Year 12 and start doing it then. I really want to get into dentistry at USYD but i heard that i can only do it as a post graduate. Is this true? If so, is it necessary for me to take the UMAT at all? Considering that i'll probably have to take the GAMSAT later on. Sorry about. I'm a complete losty when it comes to uni-related stuff. Haha. Oh, and i'll +rep for and good advice. Thanks guys!

Alkanes

HSC
If you're really paranoid you can do it now if you want, but however i wouldn't recommend you buying the package now cos its just too early and i assume you wouldn't really do much anyways considering you're still in yr 11, so just better to wait until yr 12 start. And yes it's true that USYD only offers postgraduate Dentistry and won't require you to do the UMAT at all. However if you're really keen on doing dent, there are other unis around the country that offers undergraduate courses for dent, which may require the umat.

Hope that helps

medstudent2013

HSC
Hi Jason, i would prepare as hard for Umat in year 11 as I would in year 12, i took the umat last year and took one of the preparation courses. I did reasonably well, and there is less pressure on me this year, which leaves me to focus on my year 12 exams :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
no don't do umat preparation in year 11 full stop. Its already a bit iffy to get umat tutoring at all, but if you do opt for it, then its highly recommended to do it in year 12 so you actually retain the knowledge by the time the umat comes around.

Alkanes

HSC
Hi Jason, i would prepare as hard for Umat in year 11 as I would in year 12, i took the umat last year and took one of the preparation courses. I did reasonably well, and there is less pressure on me this year, which leaves me to focus on my year 12 exams :)
Troll much?

How could you have possibly sat the UMAT last year lol? You can only sit the exam during your final year of high school and in uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)