ABC NEWS - Education Minister Running away (1 Viewer)

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Did anyone just see the late night ABC news–specifically the item on ‘no vsu’ protests? The Federal Minster of Education was attempting to leave a building opening ceremony, and students that where protesting begun pushing onto the police cordon, and making a general ruckus. Although their was 15-20 police, as well as a few mounted police, the minister look terrified and within moments had bolted back into the building in fear, his flunkies cowering with him, only to escape five minutes later via a side entrance, slinking away like a coward with his tail between his leg.

What ever happened to politicians that weren’t wimps? Although some of those uni students did look unclean, so perhaps I understand his fear.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Arvin Sloane said:
Did anyone just see the late night ABC news–specifically the item on ‘no vsu’ protests? The Federal Minster of Education was attempting to leave a building opening ceremony, and students that where protesting begun pushing onto the police cordon, and making a general ruckus. Although their was 15-20 police, as well as a few mounted police, the minister look terrified and within moments had bolted back into the building in fear, his flunkies cowering with him, only to escape five minutes later via a side entrance, slinking away like a coward with his tail between his leg.

What ever happened to politicians that weren’t wimps? Although some of those uni students did look unclean, so perhaps I understand his fear.
ahahaha

I'm sorry I missed it

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You should not comment until you've faced the wrong side of these protesters. I happen to know many of them personally, and they are violent people who will commit heinous acts of violence to achieve their goals. Many of the leaders in the protest movement have long criminal records, ranging from civil disobedience to wilful destruction of property. In one case, a number of students had to be subdued with pepperspray after they destroyed and damaged property at UTS, including (I believe) parts of the front entrance. I found the fact that they then claimed police brutality incredibly ironic, but it is a sad statement on the sanity of these people that when asked if it was hypocritical of them to complain about the police, they believe that (unlike the police) any violence that they (the protesters) commit is 100% justified.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Those out protesting are extreme. Even though I don't love the idea of VSU I wouldnt be out their protesting.
I wouldn't go that far. Those that bay in anger when protesting are extreme, I would say :).

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:

Ah, the days when a leader would draw sabre and cut his own way through the enemy ranks...

Comrade nathan

HSC
I happen to know many of them personally, and they are violent people who will commit heinous acts of violence to achieve their goals.
Hahah that sound so cliche.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Comrade nathan said:
What's interesting is coming from most other people they would reserve that for more say the CCP, Phanatical uses it for protestors.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
In the case of protestors criticising the Chinese Government, it's not so much the pot calling the kettle, but more a case of the pot calling a fucking can of white paint black.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Perhaps, but the Trots at uni are rather violent if they see you as a tool of the imperialist oppression.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Xayma said:
What's interesting is coming from most other people they would reserve that for more say the CCP, Phanatical uses it for protestors.
Wei renmin fuwu!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I agree. It just sounds like another bunch of bloody Arts students who coned it up and got a bit rowdy.

ohne

HSC
I'm not sure what they hope to achieve with violent protests such as this. If anything, it would make the minister and his collegues more determined to push the legislation through and marginalise the mob from decision making.

You would not see behaviour such as this at a civilised University such as UNSW.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Civilised? UNSW is just as bad as Sydney. The UNSW mob come over to Sydney to organise their protests. Last year 60% of the campaigners in the SRC elections were from UNSW or UTS.

Last edited:

ohne

HSC
Phanatical said:
Civilised? UNSW is just as bad as Sydney. The UNSW mob come over to Sydney to organise their protests. Last year 60% of the campaigners in the SRC elections were from UNSW or UTS.
I have never seen any violent behaviour on the UNSW campus, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)