Aboriginal Landrights and Spirituality..how taught? (1 Viewer)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

looking for some help here. I personally find teaching Land Rights (for impact of european colonisation) a little dry (esp. the way I do it!!) and Im looking for some suggestions.
How has/did your teacher teach you the main bits of the Ab. Spirituality unit? What activities did they use or was it just chalk and talk? I have just finished Landrights (Mabo, Native Title and Wik) and Im drained, my students look like death warmed up and I know I was very boring......... help please!!!

Also looking for tips re Spirtuality (last part of syllabus) as this again can be a bit dry (or maybe its just me?) and I dont it to be too boring so anything you have done/ did last year would be really appreciated (will probably be doing the same thing for Religion in Oz 1901+ as this is even more boring............ *snore*)

thanks

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
we didnt get taught this very well...
what our teacher basically did
all the summary sheets from our assessment task
he photocopied everyones and handed them out 2 the class
so yea we got like 30 peoples summarys in a big booklet on abo spirituality
this includes stuff from the impact of european colonisation on aboriginal peoples to mabo, wik and the stolen generation...

--------
post edited by Snapperhead. Changed abos to aboriginal peoples as even though I know you meant it as a short hand term, its still insulting!!
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I don't remember and my folder is to packed and every time i open it stuff falls out. i think we got some hand outs out of the yr 10 history textbooks, and some really long boring video on mabo and we took notes. i have watched that video 3 times each time was more boring than the last i hate that video the end

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Pretty much the same as what Tenille got. Although it wasnt boring, mainly because our teacher made it fun to go to SOR, no matter what was being taught

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Haha try about 5 videos, its the only way to get people in my class to shut up

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
lol..I know the mabo one...why do teachers use it? Its not like you need to know that much about mabo (essentially what it is and the consequences..no need to know about the man)

Oh well, gives me something to think about for next year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)