about nurse course (1 Viewer)

psych_girl

HSC
How is Nurse course in UTS? Seems like the UAI cutoff is higher than USYD.....Can ppl who is doin nursing course at first year to transfer to other science course at any other uni without repeating...... thnx

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm not quite sure what you mean...but I'll have a shot at answering.

I am a Science student. Nursing students have their own faculty, let alone their own course. They study quite different things to us and so transferring from BNursing to BScience would mean starting from first year again. Of course, you may get exemptions for some subjects (I haven't looked at the program) but it's quite clear that first year Science and Nursing are definitely not interchangeable.

HSC
Is any1 here doin nursing at UTS, cause im thinking of doin in 2 yrs time when im outta skool.

Is it any good, cause i realy wanna work at the Syd childrens hosp.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hey there :)
im doing nursing at uts now (1st year) to be honest on the first day, i thought wtf am i getting myself into, cos i havent touched sci for such a long time. As the weeks progressed on along with the clinical placement you start in wk two, i started enjoying it more.

So i'd say, go for it, sure, there isnt much social life thats avaliable on campus, but its wat you make of the certain facilities and people you meet which will make you enjoy it.

i hope that kinda helps :)

if there are any further questions...
just give another shout out :)

HSC
Thnxs, sounds good, yea im lookin forward to it, im doin 2 sciences now so i guess wont be too much of a culture shock.

U been doin placement at Syd childrens hosp or somewhere else? Hows it been?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
narh not there.
Greenwich hospital near st leonards.
errrrmm... its a rehab hospital. The clinical thing is different for everyone some have private others have public; some have big hosp and others are tiny. My hospital has two wards one is pall care and another is rehab.

to my knowledge the only pediatric hosp that was given placement was at westmead

HSC
Oh okies, then yea i guess its based on ur choices, that sounds good though. Omg westmead, i thought it was supposed to be Syd Childrens hosp? must have changed

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
placements are automatically given to you, you dont choose.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
it's based on ur location geographically n what would be more convinient for you as well as catering for other students needs too. To be honest my clinical placement is not very convinient but I understand why they did it. Oh and the nursing course is really great! :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
^ meh it takes me 1 and 1/2hr to get to placement..

HSC
Oh okies, i didnt know u had no say in that, so im taking ive got no chance in gettin placement in paediatrics:(, oh well as long as i can get into the course

HSC
Thnxs :) i hope i just get in and enjoy it, still another year to go and then hopefully it all guns blazin from then on :)

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
and just incase ur interested...nursing ppl share health science with us TCM ppl :p

for u its foundations of pathophysiology 1... or health science for TCM 1 in my speak :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)