Accepting... (1 Viewer)

mija

HSC
are we allowed to accept an offer but rearrange our uac prefs for the late round?
will i still have my main round offer?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
u can accept the offer and enrol for the first offer and still change your UAC preferences around for consideration in the later rounds.

You still have your main offer if you choose to forego any late round offers u recieve. If you choose to accept your late offer (if u get one) and reject the original one (it will be february by this time), you will probably have to forego you subscription fees and whatever fees you paid to the original uni.

mija

HSC
what about when we enrol?
are we allowed to cancel the enrollment if we get a better offer in late round?

Sasky

HSC
i want to get accepted ino the late round offers but...

"In the 2004 admissions period, more than 4 600 offers were made in the Late round. Institutions will make offers in the Late round only if courses have vacancies after the Main Round.

Only a very small number of offers are made to applicants in the Final round. Institutions will make offers in the Final round only if courses still have vacancies after the Late round. In the 2004 admissions period, approximately 1 000 offers were made in this round."

- uac and...

"Do not assume you will receive a Late Round offer. Not all universities make Late Round offers to all courses — it depends on whether there are vacancies after the Main Round. The cut-off for a course in the Late Round could be less than, greater than, or the same as the cut-off in the Main Round."

- usyd

blah. :(

craz

HSC
Hmmm. Very interesting. I got a first round offer in 04. If u choose to reject a first round offer or not answer, u r not guaranteed a place at that uni. However, if u accept the offer u forego the other rounds. O...btw...if its within the same uni...u can switch. other option is an irregular offer.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
mija said:
what about when we enrol?
are we allowed to cancel the enrollment if we get a better offer in late round?
You would have enrolled by the time late round offers are released.

You can cancel the enrolment if u choose to accept your late round offer.

mija

HSC
i got two offers, one a hecs and another a fee
does that mean i'm allowed to accept the offers for both places? :)

craz

HSC
At this stage u dont have to do anything if u have a first round offer. The problem with not accepting an offer, is it is not a guarantee, i mean if more ppl accept than what the uni wants, then there is no guarantee they will hold ur place. More over though, u dont have to accept the offer until the date written on ur UAC letter. It gives u an opportunity to think twice. Fee paying places are rather easy to get into. The choice is up to - whether u pay or whether u pay them (govt) back.

kaye

i have a somewat similar question. i got my first preference but now want to be considered for a totally different course and perhaps a course that is not my first pref (ie 2nd, 3rd, etc). is it possible to accept my first offer then rearrange my prefs(ie putting something else in 1st pref) even though i was offered my first pref?
i know there was a similar post in another tread but i found it confusing, can some1 plz clarify this.

kaye

sorry... first come first served, do you know the answer to my dilema?

craz

HSC
The letter allows u time to still get second and third round offers. (I'd triple check the uni though some cut off by end of Jan) In terms of fee paying and HECS. Of course i am in a hecs place, its not easy to get into a HECS course. On the other hand, if u have money u have more chance of getting into a fee paying course. No joke, i know monash for instance takes ppl for money fee paying, but every uni is different.

= Jennifer =

HSC
with the offers i clicked the side link to accept it and then you have to save it..is this all we had to do at this stage? it seemed too simple

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
kaye said:
i have a somewat similar question. i got my first preference but now want to be considered for a totally different course and perhaps a course that is not my first pref (ie 2nd, 3rd, etc). is it possible to accept my first offer then rearrange my prefs(ie putting something else in 1st pref) even though i was offered my first pref?
i know there was a similar post in another tread but i found it confusing, can some1 plz clarify this.
If you got your first pref, you are not considered for any later rounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)