Accidentally sent in SA-HELP assistance form (1 Viewer)

JohnCoffey

HSC
^ as said in title; still discussing with parents what our payment decision will be, so somehow accidentally submitted the wrong form. Will this provide any implications? ty :)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
SA-HELP is just for deferring a small fee (student amenities). There is another form you have to fill in for actual HECS. Even if you had sent that one in, it wouldn't really matter.

Oh and just something to think about. You will never find a long term loan with an interest rate as low as the rate of inflation, and on top of that it's payed off out of your tax so i've heard before that you dont even notice it. HECS is a pretty sweet deal.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
SA-HELP is just for deferring a small fee (student amenities). There is another form you have to fill in for actual HECS. Even if you had sent that one in, it wouldn't really matter.

Oh and just something to think about. You will never find a long term loan with an interest rate as low as the rate of inflation, and on top of that it's payed off out of your tax so i've heard before that you dont even notice it. HECS is a pretty sweet deal.
Whilst true re: best loan you'll ever get and it does make financial sense. You do kinda notice it being taken out, not directly I suppose, but it does give me a bit of a pang each fortnight when I see my Payless and see how much more I could be on if it was paid off.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I think it's better to contact student services
It's really not worth it, the fees are like $60 so even if you intended to pay upfront it's not like you are paying interest on it for having it on hecs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)