Accomadation questions (1 Viewer)

Xomul

New? ha!
HSC
Hi guys, I need help again about when to apply for accomadation in UNSW.

I've posted the same question before, and I've referred to the sticky thread about UNSW accomadation, but it doesn't really answer my question.

Basically, I'm a citizen living overseas, and i need to know if i should apply for accomadation NOW or wait for UNSW to give me an offer. I know the UK ppl do their application after receiving the offer, but I'm slightly confused with the aussie system.

If anyone could give me some clue into about what time i should send my form to UNSW, I would be very grateful. Please do not refer me to that sticky thread again..i've clicked on it too many times and found not much solution.

Thanks!

Xomul

New? ha!
HSC
thanks mate! I guess then October is when most local applicants send their form to halls. Thanks again!

7minute

HSC
Get your application in as soon as possible, especially if you're applying to a college. Colleges will continue offering places until there are none left, so you may be lucky and get a late offer. I was one of the very last people to be offered a place in my college (Basser). Basser, Baxter and Goldstein have about 1000 applications for 300 or less places, I don't know about the others but New College is hard to get into as well. There's also the Barker Apartments and Mulwaree Apartments which are both run by the UNSW Housing Office. They also have information on other housing options.

grimreaper

HSC
I'm pretty sure its not even 300 places - its more like 200. However there are around 1000 applications. If youre still even considering kenso colleges apply NOW as places will fill up fast - they are very popular.

7minute

HSC
Interviews are already starting to be offered... I'd get your application in as soon as possible. Don't count on getting a late offer -they're pretty rare. The number of places on offer also depends on how many residents are returning to college -the more seniors there are, the less fresher (first year) places there'll be.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)