Accomodation in Canberra (1 Viewer)

soso

HSC
N/A
I need accommodation in Canberra near ANU CAn you help Please contact by return email

NVRMND

join the club buddy, you and a few hundred other students are in dire need of a place to call home.

Ribbon

have you found any accomodation yet nvrmd? MSN is being a bitch and won't let me connect...

soso

HSC
N/A
I still have not found a place. I applied last september for a residence and still didn't get in. I hear that you have to have connections to get in. Is this so?

NVRMND

I have been up for enrolment and i spent all day room hunting (on thursday) but no luck~!!

I will find somewhere eventually...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by soso
I still have not found a place. I applied last september for a residence and still didn't get in. I hear that you have to have connections to get in. Is this so?
No you don't need connections, you need a very impressive application. I was told I was accepted (as it turns out I didn't end up going to ANU bout a week before offers came out officially and that it was because of my application. I didn't know anyone at the college and I applied quite late (early Jan). This was Johns btw.

soso

HSC
N/A
when you say impressive application tell me about yours and why you think it was successful Please

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
i applied for burgmann, and got in. they look for people that are going to get involved in the college life so things like SRS, comittees ect are good, also have good references because they do ring them. also as a side note i dont think there are bias against asians, because im here now and of the 90 new resedents none are asian.

bettylee_1027

HSC
N/A
Hey i'm going trying to find people to share accommodation with as well. So if anyone is still house searching........

Betty

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
This looks to be quite an old thread - though some of the posters might now be moving out of a hall/college and looking for share accomodation, much like yourself?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
It is this year - it wassn't last year (when this thread originated) besides they guarantee accomodation at a hall/college not necaserily ur first pref. Eg maybe one that you have just filling up the last spot.

Paroissien

HSC
True, but you would have to be bloody unlucky for that to happen

Ribbon

A tip - In case you are that unlucky, and you are looking for a place to rent, try www.allhomes.com.au (the biggest single listing of rentals in the act), the canberra times on a saturday (it has a property liftout with rentals in the back) and www.realestate.com.au, in that order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)