accomodation or not?? (1 Viewer)

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
Hi i live near hornsby and to get to unsw it takes approx 1h 20min (well i think it does) Next year i want to do Materials engineering so i may need to go to uni 5 days a week.

I was just wondering for some opinions on whether you think it would be better to live on campus in an apartment or to just travel there every day?

NiNiTeddy

HSC
i heard that the unsw village costs you about $400 per WEEK

i think you should just rent a apartment near the unsw campus since its much cheaper.

HSC
UNSW Village starts from $255 a week including utilities, but there are ample accomodation in and around UNSW, do a bit of research and im sure you'll find something suitable.

Nonetheless, i do know of people who take more than an hour to travel to uni

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Hi i live near hornsby and to get to unsw it takes approx 1h 20min (well i think it does) Next year i want to do Materials engineering so i may need to go to uni 5 days a week.

I was just wondering for some opinions on whether you think it would be better to live on campus in an apartment or to just travel there every day?
I don't live in Hornsby but I'm there so often that I know where you're coming from (btw, I'm usually at my gf's house in hornsby during weekends).

Hornsby is a bitch but at least it is near a train station. If you do have the money though, then finding a place closer to uni will still be a good option.

UNSW Village starts from $255 a week including utilities, but there are ample accomodation in and around UNSW, do a bit of research and im sure you'll find something suitable.

Nonetheless, i do know of people who take more than an hour to travel to uni
From what i remember, all of the good 1 person apartments and studios were taken up ages ago so the only thing left will be like the 7 and 8 person shared apartments.

cabso1

HSC
UNSW Village only has 3 bedroom and up apartments left.

LordPc

HSC
if you can afford it, living on campus, or close by helps in many ways (socially, academically if you are disciplined)

but many, many people take long journeys to get to unsw each day, myself included (about 1hr 10min). those train journeys can be useful though, eg help to get some last minute study done or to give you some set time, each day, to do some reading or revising.

so dont stress too much, a lot of people make the long journey each day already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)