Accomodation. (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
Do u need to? What if you don't know if ur going there or not?

blacksunset

HSC
you need to apply anyway if you are considering going there. they wont give you a place if you dont get an academic offer anyway

tau281290

HSC
I got ANU as my last preference anyways, and I can say goodbye to ANU forever.

But apparently ANU is australia's best uni, the UAI requirements are so low due to lack of demand :) :(

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
IF you have ANU on your preference list, Apply for accommodation anyway! There are no fees to apply AND if you don't get into ANU, your accommodation application is already canceled. There is NO reason not to apply. It takes like 20 minutes to apply, and it saves the mess of trying to find a place to live in January if you happen to get into ANU.

Hercules6

HSC
Do most people get their first preference?,
and what's the best fully catered college?

Cheap Thrills

HSC
I did!!
I did it as soon as it opened because the lady at the career's market said that it becomes a bit of a shit fight for accommodation. First pref is B&G...don't remember the others.

daeneee

HSC
N/A
which colleges are the 'party' colleges?
i hear that there are distinct party and nerd colleges? lol

blacksunset

HSC
to be completely honest there isnt really distinct... the only nerdish one i can tink of is ursies. b&g and johns would probably be the two biggest party colleges....

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
blacksunset said:
to be completely honest there isnt really distinct... the only nerdish one i can tink of is ursies. b&g and johns would probably be the two biggest party colleges....
I'd say Bruce was more of a party college than B&G, in my experience...

Tbh every college apart from Ursies (and Fenner, lol) gets enough partying done.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
janaranaran! said:
I applied about a month ago. I'm still not sure if I can afford living there yet though. We'll see.

Anyway I hope B&G take me, I really don't want to stay in any of the others
What's wrong with the other colleges?

Hercules6

HSC
yeah, I've applied for bruce. I'll be happy with anything. although if I only get into ursies and it's boring i'll be pretty guttered.

as for the supposed party atmosphere i'm told is present in nearly every college, can you still get work done, or are the temptations and distractions too strong?

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Hercules6 said:
yeah, I've applied for bruce. I'll be happy with anything. although if I only get into ursies and it's boring i'll be pretty guttered.

as for the supposed party atmosphere i'm told is present in nearly every college, can you still get work done, or are the temptations and distractions too strong?
Haha.

Depends on how easily distracted you get. I've never found it difficult to get work done when I needed to.

blacksunset

HSC
ecokid101 said:
The fact that you may be in one of them, for starters.
my gosh, you are a nasty pasty aren't you. do you get off making immature comments about others? if you act like that when you come to college, no matter how much your daddy is paying for you to go there, you wont have too much fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)