accounintg firms- cadetships (1 Viewer)

>::DeuZ::<

HSC
i just want to know how many firms r there in syd or nsw that take in cadetships and have coop programs....all i know about is the big four and the uts coop program....... can any1 give pls give me names of other firms which are taking in cadets for next yr for mainly accounting but other financial based firms will b ok?

ty
:)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously, if you're too lazy to do even the slightest bit of research yourself, do you really think someone will want to employ you or give you a coop?

That being said, flyhigher.com.au has a jobs lounge which has info on firms offering trainee and cadetship positions, and as someone else pointed out, the BRW top100 is very helpful if you don't know any others apart from the Big4.

There's also an Accounting coop at UNSW, whilst not as prestigious as the UTS one, is also quite good. They seem to take in quite a lot of people (based on what I see at UNSW).

SSaint said:
lol KPMG Number of Partners, 328.8
I also noticed that before and was wondering whether that meant someone who wasn't there full time... or something else; but then I guess, there's no real reason why you can't have part-time partners in the list.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Every year the ICAA holds a cadetships evening where all the CA firms that recruit cadets promte themselves and you find out heaps about their programs and get to meet some of their cadets and ppl who have graduated through the cadetships program. Its probably the single most useful event in terms of finding out about cadets.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Some people may also want to go to the individual firm's information evenings where you get to meet the partners (ooh!) and staff/cadets, see the sights (nice views!), and of course indulge in free food. Whilst not as useful as the ICAA evening in terms of getting a look at the 'whole picture' (with small and large firms), the individual information evenings/sessions/etc... tend to be a lot more personal, less rushed/forced (the ICAA evening is quite crowded), and there's a much better ratio of staff:students (ie. you get a better chance to ask them questions about their work/lifestyle).

By the way have any of you guys started cadetships yet? Mine hasn't started but we're doing online training prior to commencement... yay.

ishq

brown?
HSC
To all the 06'ers:

May 17th - Bachelor of Accounting Information Evening (5.30 - 6.30pm) at the Haymarket Campus. (www.bachelorofaccounting.com)
May 25th - ICAA Cadetships Evening (4pm - 7pm) at The Westin Hotel, Martin Place. (www.flyhigher.com)

Book a place!

HSC
booked last week 4 icaa hopefully ill get more info there :) after it i guess i can see how many firms r there and look at the options

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think every firm is at the ICAA event...

And yeh booking is a good idea if you want a name tag and showbag :) Although plenty of ppl rocked up who didn't book (in last year's one).

HSC
for the icaa should we wear a shirt and tie or is skool uniform(its after skool) is fine...cos our careers advisor is saying we have to look professional but the tihng says casual??

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wear what you want. My friend and I both wore full suits. Alot of people just wore school uniforms- but I have to admit, some school uniforms looked alot better/more professional (aka Elite Private) than others (eg. govt uniform with shirt untucked), but then, going casual might be a bit too far (I saw some girls wearing what I'd expect to see at a nightclub).

To add to your confusion- I know people who were wearing full suits, private school uniform, govt. school uniform and casual- who all ended up with cadetships at various firms.

ishq

brown?
HSC
>::DeuZ::< said:
for the icaa should we wear a shirt and tie or is skool uniform(its after skool) is fine...cos our careers advisor is saying we have to look professional but the tihng says casual??
Casual!
I wore jeans to the ICAA event last year - no one cares! You're just there to have a look at what the different firms/scholarship courses have to offer, see which ones you like the look of and get your questions answered - you're not being tested just yet.

However, if you're going to rush after school, just stay in your school uniform :)

Come to the BAcc stall! We will have the coolest people (me!) and the coolest showbags :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ishq said:
Casual!
I wore jeans to the ICAA event last year - no one cares! You're just there to have a look at what the different firms/scholarship courses have to offer, see which ones you like the look of and get your questions answered - you're not being tested just yet.

However, if you're going to rush after school, just stay in your school uniform :)

Come to the BAcc stall! We will have the coolest people (me!) and the coolest showbags :D
Ahaha am I invited too?

qt_2_nv

HSC
With cadetships im planning to apply to as many as i can. Ive done my research...like looking at each company's site and stuff...so do i really need to go to the ICAA evening? If i dont go will i miss out on really important stuff that i may not have come across yet?
I went to the BAcc info evening btw...it was fun =) Im more interested in BAcc and UNSW Coop rather than cadetships though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)