Accounting 1B, Where's the notes?!?! (1 Viewer)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Was wondering why there seems to be a distinct lack of lecture notes for accounting 1B on vista... they're sorta important to me as i'm not a fan of attending lectures.

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
I walk into Keith Burrows at 10:02 this morning and it was F-U-L-L. There seems to be more people attending lectures than are enrolled. This is b*****t.

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
Its prob because some people go to this one rather than their "offical" timetabled lecture.

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
politik said:
ECON1101 Monday 3-5pm lecture is ridiculously full. And Matthews B isn't the best place, does the AirCon even work in there?

CLB7 is awesome.
Yeah, that's ridicurous too. I've dropped it though, as I had too many subjects.
Oh the lecture notes for ACCT1511 are actually under Learning Topics and Tasks. Took me forever to find it.

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
dont they sell course packs anymore?

they used to print em out and sell em in a pack for like 20 bux

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
hmmm i coulda sworn they sold the lecture notes for 1b in a course pack

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Those are Course Resource Kits, and they're selling them for $30.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
leon wong's lectures notes were dead set useless. for his two lectures i wrote nothing down.

volition

arr.
HSC
yeah i think his excuse is 'he's new', I still don't like him that much though. I actually like Peter Lam's lectures the most, I think he's actually pretty good, even if his accent isn't perfect.

Dwight

HSC
Yeah Leon Wong is too enthusiastic. I like Peter Lam better, and I don't mind his accent too much - "cashfrows"

Haven't had Helen Kang for long enough to make a judgement, and haven't had Nicole Ang at all

phrred

HSC
The CRK were much more useful in 1A and Peter Lam taught 1A really well. He knows what hes talking about.

His accent is a mix of american and hk english lol 'probrem'

Dwight

HSC
sunjet said:
1B more like gay
I don't enjoy it either, but I find it much more manageable than say...QMB, which I absolutely despise. Of course, that's partly due to the fact that I suck at maths.

P.S. Does anyone know the entries for Income tax overprovisions/underprovisions during the next financial year?

Last edited:

ZabZu

HSC
Dwight said:
P.S. Does anyone know the entries for Income tax overprovisions/underprovisions during the next financial year?
Check out the first direct cash flow lecture, its the second lecture in week 3.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Accounting 1B isn't that exciting... what really peeves me is the lack of following the CRK. I mean, they forced us to spend $30 on it- yet they don't even teach it. At least with 1A, the stuff on screen and being discussed was related to what was in the CRK, and that the CRK saved some valuable time from writing down notes and provided spaces to fill in the blanks- but with 1B... they seem somewhat useless especially since lecture slides are alwyas uploaded.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
sunjet said:
Do some work yourself then, first-year is spoonfed.
I don't mind doing the work- just that it was such a waste of time/effort/money buying the CRK when it's not even followed.

Dwight

HSC
I think the lectures do follow the CRK for the most part.

Leon had to rush when making his notes and hence they dont make sense for the last two weeks (in relation to the slides)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)