ACID test (1 Viewer)

Bob.

HSC
What the hell is it? I know its part of the syllabus but my textbook doesnt talk about it at all

dalew777

HSC
The ACID test ensures that data has integrity or reliablility. It stands for Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability.

Atomicity - all steps of the transaction must be completed as a group, otherwise the entire transaction is abandoned.

Consistency - the transaction successfully transforms both the system and the database at the same time, ie. withdrawing money updates your balance in the database and the system gives you the money in your hand at the same time.

Isolation - Concurrent transaction steps are independent from one another and do not interfere with each other's database figures.

Durability - when the changes made by a transaction become permanent after it is completed.

If data pases all of these, it is considered to have integrity, because it ensures the transaction is never complete, inconsistent, mixed up or temporary.

Hope that helps. If you have the Heinemann text book by G.K. Powers its on page 142, but i'm guessing you don't because you said it doesn't cover it. Peaceout, Dale

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
From memory, the ACID test isn't taught in every school and when I rung up the HSC contact/help line last year, they told me it probably wouldn't be in it- not to say that it won't be in it though!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hmmm... I do TPS and haven't ever heard of this ACID test.

I have both textbooks (Jacaranda and Heinemann) and yes, it's only in one of them. interesting. Thanks for bringing my attention to it :)

dalew777

HSC
" I have both textbooks (Jacaranda and Heinemann) and yes, it's only in one of them. interesting."

"it was in the catholic trial. there was 5 marks i lost straight away."

I assume we are meant to follow the golden rule: If it's in the syllabus, it can be asked in the exam.
I know i usually just go off whats in the textbook, but looks like they might be a bit dodge.

Anyway, best of luck tomorrow everyone!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree. It's good to know it anyway. Not like it's that hard to remember right? It's been a year for me and I still remember it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)