Ack! advice? suggestions? anything (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
I had a contracts assignment due in a while back.
a week before it was due, i had a serious car accident.
I applied for an extension, and recieved one, was told to give a medical certificate with it.

so i went to doctor, and got a medical certificate.

a little while before handing in the assignment with medical certificate, i noticed that the doctor had put in the wrong dates.

like, i had accident on 14th. assignment due in 21st. doctor wrote i was unable to do work from 22 to 28... which made no sense, cause i had an extension from 21st till 28th. he was supposed to write that i couldn't work between 14th to 21st.

so i corrected it. with a pen. i crossed out wrong date, put in right one.

now university saying ive forged a legal document, and have started disciplinary hearings. my assignment is being withheld, and i dunno whats going on XD.

im so screwed. sooo soo SOOOOOOO screwed, its not funny.

any advice? do you know if this has happened to anyone you know?
i DID NOT lie in any aspect. I DID have a car accident, ive now went back to the doctor and got a new official statement, and am getting the police accident report.
What can they do to me? like, can they kick me out of uni? I swear i didnt do it as fraud, it was like, i was correcting a mistake. i wasnt lying or anything. and i didnt use white out or anything, i got a pen, crossed out the original letter twice, then wrote in on top. =\\\

Last edited:

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
Since you didn't really lie about the accident or anything, you have a new official statement and you have police reports and everything I don't think too much will happen. Still .. it wasn't a good idea to alter a legal document :) Tsk tsk.

santaslayer

HSC
I think the doctor would be quite happy for you to provide the uni with his details and call him if necessary.

HSC
N/A
true, however next time do NOT try to alter the doctor's cert - get him to write out a new one. I imagine there's lots of people who would want to alter doctor's cert dates... :S

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
:( :( :(

sigh
cant stop thinking about it

whole life =\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

omg, i didnt lie, i really hope nothing happens. =\

and yeah, long time no see WW ^.^
i might start participating in maths forums again, cause ive started tutoring. hehehe, i think im going to have to learn the whole hsc course all over again :|

M@C D@DDY

HSC
hey u alright man?? has it all been sorted out? it's kev btw

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
i have no idea. i just hope i dont get into too much trouble. :|

and haha, sif i could forget mac daddy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)