Acne solutions? (1 Viewer)

HSC
pete_mate said:
as for the products, they all have the same ingredient, including pro-active. "benzoyl peroxide"... ill buy the topical creme with the highest percentage benzoyl peroxide. easy. 10-15% is good.
this is because benzoyl peroxide is recommended by dermitologists and stuff.
I know proactiv has been discussed, but i'll say this anyway. Proactiv says having such a low concentration of benzoyl peroxide, 2.5%, makes the product mild so it doesn't irritate your skin. Heaps of other cleansers would make my face so red and sore coz it was so potent. But proactiv didn't *smiles like jess simpson* and it did kinda dry my skin a bit, but if you use the moisturiser along with the three steps, its fine.

Last edited:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I would get pro activ cos I knwo it works Ive seen other peoples results... but alas Im not allowed to order things over the fone lol

Last edited:

Danoz The Great

HSC
Argonaut said:
You're better off not using Nutrimetics. While their products might work, they're hardly effective. And make sure you avoi stuff called pHisohex - it literally strips the skin off your face.
Works for me just fine.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
flipsyde said:
I would get pro activ cos I knwo it works Ive seen other peoples results... but alas Im not allowed to order things over the fone lol
you can purchase it at parramatta wesfields on level two, theres a stand there

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i think the easiest way to keep your skin clear is to

a) wash with cetaphil
b) apply clearasil ultra or other benzoyl peroxide cream and let dry (it will sting a bit at first)
c) when dry, apply cetaphil moisturiser
d) MOST IMPORTANTLY DONT TOUCH OR PICK YOUR FACE.

seriously, anyone who has ever worn white gloves to a dress up party knows how dirty your hands get in only a few hours. do not touch your face...EVER.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
oh, and also get a good quality face mask specifically for your skin type and apply once a week. (eg jurlique lavender mud mask $29)

Pace_T

HSC
another thing to note with roaccutane is, that once its gone within around 2-6 months, it *wont* come back. it stops pimples from coming back. i used a pimple medication that had high amount of that benzoyl peroxide stuff, but once i stopped using it, pimples came back soo fast. also, with roaccutane, u dont take any other pimple medications n stuff. so all u have to worry about is taking the tablet/capsule each day which is much easier than putting all this moisturiser shit on ur face every morning and night

roaccutane causes dry lips and its said that roaccutane causes the skin to dry out, but i havent noticed anythign like that

i know a few people who tried pro activ and it never worked for them. the active ingredient/s in pro activ are just the same as the other medications, so if those ones dont work, pro activ probably wouldn't either.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
Um I had a presribed topical gel called 'Differen' from my dermatologist. That was pretty good. Then I changed to some anti bacterial topical liquid. Can't remember what it was called. It was okay, cept the fumes from it burnt my eyes.

I recommend that you do not try any of these counter products: Garnier Pure ( all of them ) and Neutrogena stuff. They just fucked up my skin even worse.

Lalise was a good cleanser, cept the smell gave me headaches. So was Dermalogica

The best product to make that big pimple go away: Oxy10 or Oxy5 if u want to conceal it too.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Argonaut said:
Prescription only. I mentioned it earlier, your GP is far more likely to prescribe Doxyline first because Roacutane has some nasty side effects ...
Not only that, but Roaccutane is very expensive for the government as they subsidise it.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
iambored said:
Not only that, but Roaccutane is very expensive for the government as they subsidise it.
You care about ripping off the gov? Take as much as u fkn can. Get roaccutane and rort them like crazy!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
LexxY said:
You care about ripping off the gov? Take as much as u fkn can. Get roaccutane and rort them like crazy!
No, that is another reason why the dermos are more likely to prescribe other things first.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
iambored said:
No, that is another reason why the dermos are more likely to prescribe other things first.
yeah cos its like killing an ant with an atom bomb when you can just step on it thats why

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Drink more water.

I also splash some witch hazel on my face during the day to keep it cleansed.

pete_mate

HSC
flipsyde said:
yeah cos its like killing an ant with an atom bomb when you can just step on it thats why
but other ants will come, your better off causing a nuclear winter with radiation that kills all future ants

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
pete_mate said:
but other ants will come, your better off causing a nuclear winter with radiation that kills all future ants
ha you know nothing about antibiotics...thats how peopel become resistant to things.. by taking antibiotics stronger than they need to. Thats why they try you on other things first.

Why waste a bomb on something when you can kill it and the rest of the future ants with bug spray? If you use the bomb to begin with and need abother one... the ants will be resitant to it...

... Im talking in metaphor...hooray!

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
flipsyde said:
ha you know nothing about antibiotics...thats how peopel become resistant to things.. by taking antibiotics stronger than they need to.
Well, yes and no. The problem with using mild antibiotics is that resistance is much more likely to occur, as bacteria are exposed to low doses which allow them to learn how to pump out the drug/change their cell walls etc. It really is a matter of balancing the two. I personally don't like kids with mild acne taking antibiotics when there are other options available, especially the oral ones. Having said that, all acne creams are anti-microbal, and really topical ones are the best.

For girls, the pill is often used to control acne, and is actually very effective. The best advice is talk to your GP.

Danoz The Great

HSC
googled said:
For girls, the pill is often used to control acne, and is actually very effective. The best advice is talk to your GP.
It depends on the severity of the acne for it to be used. I used it two years ago for a while and I gained weight (not heaps, but it was a dress size - I hadn't grown before that since about year 7) and it did muck up my periods and moods.

However I have heard a lot of good things about girls on the pill for treatment of acne, it does vary person to person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)