AcPrep (1 Viewer)

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
So has anyone else signed up for these lecture things? If so which ones?

I got AcPrep on the 21st-22nd at the Penrith Campus. :)

= Jennifer =

HSC
i am currently doing the unistep academic writing one at parra, it is alright but we have an essay to do *sigh* and we got this 350 page thing which is good has heaps of good info in it

you will notice that there are alot of mature age students that go as well

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i am currently doing the unistep academic writing one at parra, it is alright but we have an essay to do *sigh* and we got this 350 page thing which is good has heaps of good info in it

you will notice that there are alot of mature age students that go as well
I did that last year. You will be thankful that you got the huge booklet, it has come in great use during first year.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol. Just don't expect to be writing essays all through uni.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Cape said:
lol. Just don't expect to be writing essays all through uni.

i didn't i know i will have to do some report writing for business so i am going to do the report writing one later in the term :) suckers at usyd have to pay $$$

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hmm ... what did i write last year.
Heaps of essays, reports, reflection reports ... hmm thats all i can think of now.

Its good that the bridging courses are free :uhhuh:

klh

HSC
lol, i did unistep adn also go tthat 350 booklet and an essay to do. i was so stressed becasue the lectuere guy said i write good but too colloquial and i had to rewrite and ask for an extension. but then i though, this isnt going to go on my record, and so i chucked it.
you dont have to do it, but if you do, they mark it and give you feedback. ofcourse, when i did management foundations, i regret that i did not han din my essay after all...

= Jennifer =

HSC
klh said:
lol, i did unistep adn also go tthat 350 booklet and an essay to do. i was so stressed becasue the lectuere guy said i write good but too colloquial and i had to rewrite and ask for an extension. but then i though, this isnt going to go on my record, and so i chucked it.
you dont have to do it, but if you do, they mark it and give you feedback. ofcourse, when i did management foundations, i regret that i did not han din my essay after all...

*sigh* this is starting to make me feel guilty, maybe i should do it

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't worry jennifer - i only week for 2 out of 7 days cause i got sick, so i never did the essay :p

klh

HSC
well if oyur confident about your english than dont worry. plus tutorers do the same thing with your essay when you hand them in. its just nice to know what the standard at uni si sometimes and ways you can improve. i mean i have good english but i tend to write too colloquially which is always my mistake when the tutrers tell me.
and you get used to it after first semester. my first semester had all non english intensive units [i.e. computing units] so my english was up to scratch. in my second semester, i did management ones which were very english intensive to me, which was differetn to what i expected. advice i got from my tutorer was to learn to write liek them textbooks. if oyu can write like that then thats outstanding, as long as it isnt copying.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i didn't i know i will have to do some report writing for business so i am going to do the report writing one later in the term :) suckers at usyd have to pay $$$

lol u only found that out from poor me.
i do wish ours was free tho. its all a money spinner at usyd

klh

HSC
jsut buy those guide on how to study or google it. also most of that stuff is on the links page somewhere on the uws site as well which links to other uni sites liek uts and stuff.
plus if usyd is like uws, some intro units make you go to the library to do a class on how to do assignments and stuff anyway.

Demandred

HSC
AcPrep on 21st-22nd @ Parramatta Campus, 101 people so far, its going to get crowded :uhhuh:

Demandred

HSC
Is it ok to do the program at another campus other than your designated campus of which you have your course in? I am switching mines from Parramatta to Campbelltown because its a lot easier to get to (yeah... I know the obvious disadvantages), but is that allowed?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ofcourse its allowed. I did the academic writing course last year at parramatta, however my home campus is hawkesbury, so its allowed.

klh

HSC
ofcourse you can!
i did mine at bankstown when my campus is penrith. thats where i supposedly met theone123 although i still cant remember who he is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)