ACST101 and STAT170 not advisable together? (1 Viewer)

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
When I was in first sem I did ACST101 and STAT170 together, not knowing what I was heading into. Back then both units had a weekly online quiz which were not difficult but still stressful. In hindsight, although I despised those quizzes I found that they really help you stay on the ball because these are units where each week builds on the previous week. I also enjoyed doing the more easier units for semester 2, such as BBA and MTKG and ECON.

I think it's best to do ACST101 in first semester as I have heard that the actuarial students do this sub in second semester, and as such it's harder to do as well as them then if maths is not your forte. I may be wrong on this though.
The content for ACST101 for 1st and 2nd sem are almost the same.
The reason why actuarial students do acst101 in second semester are because mostly they overload in their second semester with ACST212.
Also semester 1 subjects only offer in semester 1. (except for econ111, but i think econ111+econ110 together is even worse if you put it in semester 2)

They have separate average for ACST101 actuarial student and non-actuarial student (around 8 and 5-6 respectively)

Basic calculation required in ACST101, achieving D or HD is very possible if you give a try even your maths is not good.
If you maths is really good, just do the basic workout can easily achieve HD (got 99 :p myself as an actuarial student)

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
Lol i got bored and got to here, i just died doing ACST101 and MATH135 together travelling three times a week for 3 hours to and from Uni (took me a while to figure out a a better living arrangement) on my first semester. Thank god it's nearly finished i don't think i've ever been as metaphorically kicked in the face as having those two at the same time and traveling so much. And i thought this was supposed to be my easy semester should had just done media or something to ease out my work load, MATH135 was an elective too wrong call..... Old man Wescot surely was one of the better lecturers i had, he made a lot of common sense. Like say he actually gives out solutions to past papers duhr. Why didn't any other lectures work that one out? Bright side is i'm super pumped for my next set of classes let's do this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)