Acst200 (1 Viewer)

- L1n -

HSC
Can someone who has done this course give me a low down on how it is,

i keep hearing people say it's very difficult but most just fear the actuaries.

So question is compared to acst101 is it basically just an extension of the maths side of things.

How are assesments and finals like, and if possible can i see some notes of it.

i'm not an actuary but the only reason i' considering this is if i do an 4 unit 200 lvl or 300 lvl elective i can finish 1 semester earlier. So i have to weight up do 1 4cp course or 2 3cp course which would result in a 5 subject semester if i wanna get out early.

Thanks

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Well only the actuaries do this subject, thats probably a wise choice by everyone else since its a very hard unit. The final is worth 90% and was very long last year.

So i'd suggest you choose some other 4cp unit like econ200/201 or something.

CloudStrife

HSC
Agree that it was a fairly hard 200 level unit. It's hard to compare to non-actuarial subjects because the lecture in charge is in the actuary department and actually sets exams which THOROUGHLY tests your capabilities into applying your understanding. Reason behind this is because ACST200 is an exemption subject for one of the actuarial institute exams.

This is just my experience.
ACST101: Didn't go to lectures/tutes unless there was a class test. Didn't study the theory section. Result was a comfortable Distinction
ACST200: Didn't go to tutes but alot more effort into study than ACST101 for finals. Result: Marginal Pass

If you wanna get out early, you can try considering saving money and doing a summer course?

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
CloudStrife said:
Agree that it was a fairly hard 200 level unit. It's hard to compare to non-actuarial subjects because the lecture in charge is in the actuary department and actually sets exams which THOROUGHLY tests your capabilities into applying your understanding. Reason behind this is because ACST200 is an exemption subject for one of the actuarial institute exams.

ACST101: Didn't go to lectures/tutes unless there was a class test. Didn't study the theory section. Result was a comfortable Distinction
ACST200: Didn't go to tutes but alot more effort into study than ACST101 for finals. Result: Marginal Pass
Damn, lots of actuaries are in trouble.. I know a lot who got lower than Distinction in ACST101.. including passes :|

what sorta things are in it... does it relate to ACST151 in any way?

- L1n -

HSC
CloudStrife said:

If you wanna get out early, you can try considering saving money and doing a summer course?
Darn lol, ACST101 sounded like me, but the 2n bit wat a turn off. Yeh i thought about summer but if i do summer it would mean foregoing application for summer vacation job with the big 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)