ACST201 difficult? (1 Viewer)

akiva

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

How difficult is this subject as compared to ACST101 (I got a D for this)? Would you recommend doing it together with ECON111 and ECON141?
I know, I should be doing an ISYS subject, but I want to do evening study and all the tutes are full; besides this sounds more interesting.

Thx

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
akiva said:
Hi all,

How difficult is this subject as compared to ACST101 (I got a D for this)? Would you recommend doing it together with ECON111 and ECON141?
I know, I should be doing an ISYS subject, but I want to do evening study and all the tutes are full; besides this sounds more interesting.

Thx
ACST101 will help for the first half, but then you are introduced to a few new topics. As is with ANYTHING, if you keep on top of work, you will be fine.

With ACST201 you don't have a text. So you I'd say going to lectures is really important to stay on top of your work.

akiva

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys! I've noticed on BOS that in some cases units are run so that the difficulty level varies (or seems to vary) from sem. to sem. If I did do ACST201 next sem. would I be doing it with actuarial students and would it be harder than first sem? Just wondering!!

thx

akiva

HSC
N/A
Doh!!!! :uhoh: That was embarassing!
Thx anyway!!!!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
No probs. Good luck with it. John Shepherd is a really good lecturer. :)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Surprisingly, there's no textbook required 4 this unit.
Is it like acst101, 30% theory and 70% prac?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yes, but it isn't useless theory. It draws on your understanding of the practical stuff.

Cam@MQ

HSC
Yeah I heard its pretty easy- doing this semester too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)