ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

r0b-dog

HSC
N/A
JJ Jordos said:
ok my friend just got back from his YOU session and he got told that gap year positions are ful... except for like most of the gay ones
mm.. there arent probably full in most areas like nsw.. cause when i booked the session, there were alot of interview spots..

but they probably narrowing down.. with a few hundred people to some..

lucyc

HSC
so, do we get to chose what job we do? i was on the airforce website on defencejobs.gov.au and none said they were offered in the raaf gap year. can anyone tell me where i can get info from, esp about iet and imt? far out im stressing out.

gravstar

HSC
If you haven't applied yet get cracking and do it. The recruitment process takes on average about 6 months, yet if you have any suss medical problems it could take much longer. Even if you go to a YOU day it doesnt mean they own you it's just to give you info on career paths.

lucyc

HSC
hey. im confused. in the pack i got from the adf after my YOU day it said that the imt was at wagga, but then someone told me its at east sale. can somewhere clear this up for me?

mattkraeh2906

HSC
N/A
hey guys :) well i finally got accepted as soldier (ecn500) and my intake is febuary the 24th!!
anyone else going in this date?
peace

mattkraeh2906

HSC
N/A
hey guys :)
well i finally got accepted as soldier (ecn500) and got told it was the last spot for this position so i consider myself lucky i guess.
i leave on febuary the 24th anyone else going on this date?
peace

eb590

HSC
congrats matt! I've also applied for the gap year - can anyone tell me about leave throughout the year? how soon can it be taken? and how much do we get? also if i am at a base that is near my hometown am i able to visit on weekends?

Thanks heaps!

Last edited:

haystack303

HSC
Hi All,

Though i would offer some advice on the GAP Year for those that are intersted,

If you looking for a break from study it's a great opportunity you get paid to train in excess of 30ka and you pretty much a basic soldier, sailor, airman depending on you service. If your a little hesitant on the DF then i would sujest to you that the Navy or Air Force is the way to go as you can drop out at any time to continue tertiary study. Air Force is the only GAP service that offers officer training. After your YOU session you have to attend an Assessment day medical check, phycological interivew and a careers interview. YOu may be required to conduct a Pre-Assessment check over the phone, research you job before this they love you to know something bout what your keen on doing!! Plenty of trick question dont give definate yes or no answers trade with them offer alternatives there looking for people that can think on there feet!!!. I've applied for the Navy Gap Year and have my assessment session next Monday they are paying for my Airfare to Sydney and my accomodation for these interviews.

In My opinion the Gap Year is an awesome programme and i would highly recommend taking the chance.

Hope this helps for some, plenty more info if you need it as the sites arent very helpful........

eb590

HSC
haystack303 said:
Hi All,

Though i would offer some advice on the GAP Year for those that are intersted,

In My opinion the Gap Year is an awesome programme and i would highly recommend taking the chance.

Hope this helps for some, plenty more info if you need it as the sites arent very helpful........
Hi, yeah I've found that the websites aren't very useful especially for navy and airforce - could you possibly recommend any for me that would be useful for these services, other than the defence jobs? thanks!:)

haystack303

HSC
Hi,

I found the best way for me to get info specific was not to use defence jobs but actually got the the home site of each service where you can waitch the training videos and things like a day in the nlife of a sailor, sodier, airmen etc. I found these sites very helpful for my pre assessent checklist.
www.navy.gov.au
www.airforce.gov.au

Hope this helps...

JJ Jordos

HSC
guys i just got a phone call from the defence force... and gap year is full

JJ Jordos

HSC
they said that gap year filled up... and then asked me if i wanted to do the four year thing

SonicMouse

HSC
^ did they tell you on your assesment day?

I have an assesment day coming up for soldier, so its confusing if theres no positions left :(

JJ Jordos

HSC
im guessing if u already have an assessment day then they have a spot for u.... but if u dont have one then they are full

ASNSWR127

HSC
boys and girls the gap year is never full, the army is looking to expand by a number of batallions next year.

This requires thousands more soldiers

Anyone else doing undergrad with the ADF? ADFA? RMC? OTS? RANC?

or are you all gappers?

especially Nursing undergrad next year? any takers for that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)