ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

gravstar

HSC
JRed said:
Will i have to go and fight in other countries?
No.
JRed said:
And i want to make sure that it is only a commitment for a year. Meaning that i am not committed to do anything with ADFA after the year ends.
Thanks.
One year is no walk in the park. You still have to be committed for that year

JRed

HSC
yeah i no
i want to take a year off before going to uni.
i might as well spend my time doing something interesting then sitting at home.

SonicMouse

HSC
No, its a one-on-one examination

its pretty full on, dont be suprised when he tells you to drop your dacks ;)
he'll check your back, sack and crack (like mentioned before) and tons of other shit like weight, Blood pressure..

Dont worry, you cant prepare for it just be as relaxed as possible

as long as ur fit and have no weird shit going on you'll do more than fine

ASNSWR127

HSC
ace17 said:
I had just the doctor and so did everybody else I spoke to at my assessment day. On the Medical History Questionaire you can opt to have a chaperone present if you want. The medical isn't really a big deal, it's about 3.5 seconds worth of awkwardness, the rest is what you'd expect from a typical physical.
Yeah they specify on the form "no internal genital or rectal examinations will be conducted" (I memorised it because I was MOST relieved), they just ask you a load of questions and take your word for it mainly.

Then they do a look over your body,make you test the resp rate etc and its all done.

Then the physical assessment (damn that!), I got to 7.5 beep test on willpower alone and then collapsed in a coma (gonna need to improve before OTS methinks...)

SonicMouse

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
Then the physical assessment (damn that!), I got to 7.5 beep test on willpower alone and then collapsed in a coma (gonna need to improve before OTS methinks...)
lol dude, its not that hard, did you bother prepare like 2 weeks beforehand?

its just to keep obese cunts out of the army.

ASNSWR127

HSC
SonicMouse said:
lol dude, its not that hard, did you bother prepare like 2 weeks beforehand?

its just to keep obese cunts out of the army.
prepare?? prepare??

hell no lol

I might have been exaggerating somewhat BTW...

Fuck the Army, go RAAF!

lucyc

HSC
do you have to do the beep test on your assessment day or is it just push ups and sit ups?

ASNSWR127

HSC
lucyc said:
do you have to do the beep test on your assessment day or is it just push ups and sit ups?
You have to do it all...

Unless you are going RAN or RAAF, in which case you don't have to any of the extra's - just the beep test.

Which service are you going for?

Bear in mind that females have to do less push-ups than males.

dowdy23

HSC
Just a question for the assessment day, is it a requirement to wear a suit, or would it be okay to wear my school uniform which is long pants, a long sleeve shirt, tie and blazer?

lucyc

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
You have to do it all...

Unless you are going RAN or RAAF, in which case you don't have to any of the extra's - just the beep test.

Which service are you going for?

Bear in mind that females have to do less push-ups than males.
I'm going for entry into RAAF. I was told to wear a suite to my interview, but how am I meant to do my beep test in a suite? I just got my letter about my assessment day and it doesn't say anything about the beep test... It only says that I have a medical examination with a doc then an interview with a psychologist and someone in defence...

ASNSWR127

HSC
lucyc said:
I'm going for entry into RAAF. I was told to wear a suite to my interview, but how am I meant to do my beep test in a suite? I just got my letter about my assessment day and it doesn't say anything about the beep test... It only says that I have a medical examination with a doc then an interview with a psychologist and someone in defence...
Is that for JOES day? if so you must wear a suit for officer positions. Other Ranks (OR's) are encouraged but it is not mandatory.

If you are successful in your JOES day then you are required to attend further tests (including physical ones), on this occasion you are to wear a suit (for interviews) and bring along some good sturdy PT clothes for physical stuff - if you are overly sensitive to changing in front of others or indeed changing at all on short notice then I suggest the ADF isn't for you.

Following the JOES day you have an Offcer Selection Board (OSB) and a PT test on the same day (I did anyway).

I am not sure how it wokrs for the OR's but I imagine it would be similar if not the same (without the massive panel of ADF and civvie staff reviewing you in quite so much detail!).

From what I am reading from your psots I assume it is a JOES day for OR entry can you confirm? I will be able to help you more if you confirm that - I have a friend who is a WO2 in charge of the Wollongong DFR centre...

lucyc

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
Is that for JOES day? if so you must wear a suit for officer positions. Other Ranks (OR's) are encouraged but it is not mandatory.

If you are successful in your JOES day then you are required to attend further tests (including physical ones), on this occasion you are to wear a suit (for interviews) and bring along some good sturdy PT clothes for physical stuff - if you are overly sensitive to changing in front of others or indeed changing at all on short notice then I suggest the ADF isn't for you.

Following the JOES day you have an Offcer Selection Board (OSB) and a PT test on the same day (I did anyway).

I am not sure how it wokrs for the OR's but I imagine it would be similar if not the same (without the massive panel of ADF and civvie staff reviewing you in quite so much detail!).

From what I am reading from your psots I assume it is a JOES day for OR entry can you confirm? I will be able to help you more if you confirm that - I have a friend who is a WO2 in charge of the Wollongong DFR centre...
I had my Y.O.U session (Your Opportunities Unlimited) in Canberra the moved so my application is now in Wollongong. The next step is the Assessment Session but after reading all the post I'm so confused about what I actaully have to do... checl out this website and yeh... thats the process I'm following I guess. I got told to wear a suite, but then others say I have to do pushups etc at my interview, but what, are they going to make me do it in my suite or underwear? lol. so confused. http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recruitmentCentre/process/

ASNSWR127

HSC
lucyc said:
I had my Y.O.U session (Your Opportunities Unlimited) in Canberra the moved so my application is now in Wollongong. The next step is the Assessment Session but after reading all the post I'm so confused about what I actaully have to do... checl out this website and yeh... thats the process I'm following I guess. I got told to wear a suite, but then others say I have to do pushups etc at my interview, but what, are they going to make me do it in my suite or underwear? lol. so confused. http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recruitmentCentre/process/
yeah OK but Officer or OR?

I assume YOU is the new name for JOES day lol - bloody military and its acronyms

ASNSWR127

HSC
you can't do officer GAP year...

It takes AT LEAST 12 months to train an officer - same time as gap year...

lucyc

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
you can't do officer GAP year...

It takes AT LEAST 12 months to train an officer - same time as gap year...
You can in the RAAF. I swear it's different to the other services in that you don't chose a specific job etc etc and its OE.

gravstar

HSC
^^ You do the PFA(beep test, push ups etc.) on a different day to your assessment day.

nessyismad

HSC
Hey guys,

Ive been offered a position for ADF Combat Engineer next year.
I think its a great opportunity and everyone should definately look at giving it a crack.
And if you have trouble getting through the application process like I have had, dont sweat it it will all come together in the end.
Is anyone else enlisting on the 16th February 2009?

Good Luck!

Last edited:

eb590

HSC
lucyc said:
I had my Y.O.U session (Your Opportunities Unlimited) in Canberra the moved so my application is now in Wollongong. The next step is the Assessment Session but after reading all the post I'm so confused about what I actaully have to do... checl out this website and yeh... thats the process I'm following I guess. I got told to wear a suite, but then others say I have to do pushups etc at my interview, but what, are they going to make me do it in my suite or underwear? lol. so confused.
hey lucy
im going for raaf also. for the assessment day you can wear a suit (i wore skirt, blouse, jacket - dorky i know). for the medical part of the assessment day they get you to strip to your bra and undies and they examine you. then i was asked to do 5 push ups and sit ups, then you get changed again and they go through your medical questionaire with you. then depending on your results throughout the day you will be asked to do the fitness test on a separate day. so basically no running in suit or anything like that.
hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)