ADFA - JOES Day (1 Viewer)

toddp387

HSC
Hey,
im taking an interview to see if im elegeble to get into ADFA on the 16th and was wondering if anyone will be there. Also i went to one last year for a scholarship but failed the aptitude test by 3 :s yeah i know and it does shit me! but n e way i was wondering if any one had any tips for me becuase as i failed the test i didnt get to the interview stage.

Thanks, catchyas!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
How the fuck can you fail the aptitude test?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
How the fuck can you fail the aptitude test?
I don't know, maybe they fell asleep and then woke up with 3 minutes to go. Hmm wait that still wouldn't explain it.

toddp387

HSC
Sorry i should be a bit more specific, makes me look like a bit of a dumbass... i didnt actually fail the test, i just was 3 marks under what was required to get officer entry.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well what tips can I give you, if you fail the aptitude test, it isnt really the most intensive test they will give you, did you pass the ADFA maths one?

More specific what stage are you up to? The Recruiting Officer Interview, or JOES interview.

toddp387

HSC
Yeah i realise that, im not asking for tips on the aptitude test. I was wondering what the interview and stuff was like cause i didnt get to it becuase last time i went to the JOES day it was for a scholarship. So they didnt continue the process after i "failed" the test becuase there is no point giving a scholarship to someone who cant even qualify for ADFA. That is why i am going back, becuase this is the actual JOES day.

Get me?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No not really, did you do the JOES interview or are you looking for help for your Assesment day interview?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The JOES interview isnt anything and probably shouldnt be called an interview, it is just there to help you decide what you want to do with possible guidance, the assesment day is probably the first real one

parallel vision

FIRE UP!
ive had my joes and about to go to assessment day thing, any advice? what kind of stuff do i need to know? just the stuff in the sheets they gave me at end of joes day? (ie. general info about training etc)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Go to the defencejobs website and basically read over that few times, it is the easiest thing possible, just make sure that your marks are good and just avoid thinking about the med.

toddp387

HSC
yeah ok then, i forgot about that, thanks. Ive been reading over pamphlets and stuff they have given me but ill still take a look at the site.

Schemin

Me!
check out the Australian Army Cadets website ... aac.adfc.gov.au ... if you go to the discussion forum, general discussions, and then you check out the "Defence Force Recruiting" threads then you'll find a pretty comprehensive discussion with lots of help from people who've been there and done that ... it helps!!

ashbash0612

HSC
is the ADFA maths test difficult.. kinda like a year twelve test? i'm really frightened! and what if i am not aiming to get into engineering or anything technical and mechanical? is maths still important then? please tell me what they give ADFA applicants on JOES day, mine's on thursday.
i am headed for an arts degree in politics to get me into defence intelligence... so i was hoping they would overlook my maths weakness and focus on my english/comprehensive skills

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)