adjusting a cadetship to USYD (1 Viewer)

dwk72

HSC
Evening,

I was informed earlier this week that I can commence a cadetship at a city accounting firm in February. As my preferences indicate USYD Commerce as my first preference, is this still possible? I am only allowed the afternoon off one day per week, however I understand USYD now offer night classes.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
its possible but highly unlikely you'll fit both your classes in the same day for that afternoon unless you only do one subject a time which would be really really slow and not worth it. USYD isn't the best with timetables

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
For first year it should be fine. As the core courses are very common

dwk72

HSC
I have confirmation that the first year will be fine in terms of timetabling.
Would transferring to a more convenient uni after the first year come with any negatives? (ie to UNSW or UTS).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to be sure, why don't you get a list of subjects and plan out how your degree will look, and look at existing timetables to give you an idea if it is possible to fit in. Given the flexibility of many cadetship firms nowadays (e.g. in terms of when/how you take your leave) it may very well work out.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
There are multiple cadets from each of the big 4s at usyd so I don't think you'll have a bad time 'adjusting'. Usyd timetabling is effectively the same as other universities.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
There are multiple cadets from each of the big 4s at usyd so I don't think you'll have a bad time 'adjusting'. Usyd timetabling is effectively the same as other universities.
Being from USyd and being a Cadet I can say that this isn't true. Universities like UNSW and UTS are DEFINITELY more flexible HOWEVER USyd does offer extra 'preferential' support to cadets in terms of which classes you need for your timetable to work. There's someone in the Student Information Office that helps cadets with their timetables and yes they do offer night classes for accounting, finance and commercial law related subjects.

Also generally most cadetship firms give you one day off for classes or two half days off which is more than enough time to fit in your timetable of two subjects.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Being from USyd and being a Cadet I can say that this isn't true. Universities like UNSW and UTS are DEFINITELY more flexible HOWEVER USyd does offer extra 'preferential' support to cadets in terms of which classes you need for your timetable to work. There's someone in the Student Information Office that helps cadets with their timetables and yes they do offer night classes for accounting, finance and commercial law related subjects.

Also generally most cadetship firms give you one day off for classes or two half days off which is more than enough time to fit in your timetable of two subjects.
I agree, coming from UTS to USYD , 100% shocked at how shit USYD's flexibility was compared to UTS for classes (even with their new preference system for choosing classes), I couldn't even get back to back lect/tutes for some of my classes.

But again as Phaze said, the firm usually offers you enough time off to still make it work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)