administration of Xerxes persian empire (1 Viewer)

lozlem

please please please help
i cant find anything on the administration of xerxes empire??

xarg

BUBZ :D
HSC
This is really being posted by Yulia, you private msged me earlier, I just can't be bothered to log out of xarg's profile...I will talk to you later about Xerxes notes, just I don't have them here with me at xarg's house (funny enough I didn't plan to study while being here..hehehe) so...I don't know how much help it will be, but I'm fairly sure for this part you want to be looking up stuff about the Satrapies, how he divided the empire etc, the garrisons, things like that. Herodotus gives a lot of information about this, I'll be home tomorrow anyways and will be going back over my Xerxes stuff so I'll be able to help you then, but I'm sure there is a website...I can't remember it...that has the distance education/open high school stuff, if you can get hold of the distance education Xerxes booklets, I think there is 5 + 1 revision booklet, you will have everything that you need.
But basically from what I recall this section dealt a lot with the satrapies etc, what you have to remember that the admin of the empire was in large part set up by Darius, eg that huge road thing and communication etc...the rest was either changed or carried on by Xerxes...Darius' set up of the empire was carried on for I think...200 years or something, so maybe try seeing what you can find about Darius and then seeing what Xerxes changed...
I'll help you when I get home.
Good luck :)

starlighty

HSC
N/A
xarg said:
I'm sure there is a website...I can't remember it...that has the distance education/open high school stuff, if you can get hold of the distance education Xerxes booklets, I think there is 5 + 1 revision booklet, you will have everything that you need.
Hey there! Would you be able to scan and post up these distance education booklets you have? Or post the exact URL of the site that has them? They sound really, really good, very informative; and you know how all of the Near Eastern topics are, very little quality information / impressive sources out there, so students from different schools pooling resources is a good idea. PM me if you don't want to post them (but I'm sure you would, to help all the people studying Xerxes), and perhaps we can do a swap - I have a small, typed booklet of notes I would be willing to swap you (and Lozlem too, of course).

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Ok now that I'm back in my own house lol...I'm currently doing up my Xerxes notes but I thought I'd recommend a book - "Studies in Ancient Persia" by Jennifer Lawless and Kate Cameron. It's the text book distance ed provided me with and while I don't really use it for I don't really have the need...if you could get a copy I think it would help you a lot. It's a very easy to use book with stacks of information :)

lozlem

yeh could u do what starlighty said, and starlighty could i please have your notes????
umm russel granger writes about persian stuff if you can find any of his work its good thats all the info i got guys sorry but he is good and also olmstead
HELP please send ur notes

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
yeah i have a text book by him too...the whole...xerxes in context king of kings stuff...but i find it so boring and difficult to read >< and yes...i'm in the process of doing up my xerxes notes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)