Adobe Premiere (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Anyone ever use this software???

I've only started using about two hours ago as I'm mad keen on movie editing.
Just wanted to know what ppl thought of it.

I know Avid is the software hollywood and the TV shows use but when a million bucks comes flying out of my a** then I'll get that.

- Anyone use Avid before??? :)

MM

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
re

holy crap, I've been fiddling with this programme for like 24hrs and I still don't know how to use it!!! Anyone got any crash course tips???

brentosbreezer

MissMacbeth said:
Anyone ever use this software???

I've only started using about two hours ago as I'm mad keen on movie editing.
Just wanted to know what ppl thought of it.

I know Avid is the software hollywood and the TV shows use but when a million bucks comes flying out of my a** then I'll get that.

- Anyone use Avid before??? :)

MM
Hey,

While I acknowledge that Final Cut Pro is really cool, Avid is similarly cool in terms of industry professional etc, I just gotta say MissMac that don't waste time bothering with them until you master Premiere.

Just be glad you're not starting on Apple Imovie!

Trust me, Premiere is professional quality software, there's heaps of books that teach how to use it and finally, just using Avid won't make your movie 'professional' because it's used by the pros.

Adobe Premiere is plenty professional. The equipment doesn't matter as much as the style [quality of video/script/sound etc] you put into it!

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I was only imagining me sitting at my 'Avid' work desk and saying, 'I own $10,000 soft/hardware.." then thats about as far as it goes.. lol

I totally agree with you - I know that even if I had Avid or what-not the quality of the film will still be only as good as the actual filming quality/camera etc...

So, do you know anything about premiere? I can put clips on but getting things to actually transiton etc...that's another story. I can alter the clip but when I go to press play to preview it...it just plays the original track.

I'm about five min away from alcohol and a cigarette fretting over this programme!

brentosbreezer

Trust me, once ya get the basics right... you'll um... have fun.

Yeah, you need to put a transitition between clips on different levels of the timeline (I think). Hmm, if you're serious, just buy a cheapo book on adobe premiere and -actually- do the basic tutorials.

Makes a huge f-cking difference if you can edit your videos. Anyhow, yeah... if you're serious buy a book.

Or even better, do what I did and get a friend who knows how to use it to come over and demo it for you in exchange for alco + ciggies. lol.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
re

ok, I think my software is buggered.

I read the tutorials and felt that the same techniques were basically the same as windows movie maker but with more stuff, and I figured out the basics like adding transitions and stuff....but my programme wont recognise that I've added a transition or what not!!! It's been infuriating!

Maybe this is the reason my friend gave it to me, b.c he said he hated it b/c it "didnt work for him" - I honestly thought he meant it was too hard to figure out.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
ok, talk to me as though I'm four. lol

Is there something I have to click to "render" it???

I basically just dragged and dropped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)