adsl2 and phone line (1 Viewer)

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
Hey all,

Just wanted to ask..
Is it possible to run adsl2 on my phone line, but disconnect the actual telephone service?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, it's called nakeddsl, and is offered by exetel, iinet and a few others.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
hurikai said:
Hey all,

Just wanted to ask..
Is it possible to run adsl2 on my phone line, but disconnect the actual telephone service?
I just transferred from Optus to Exetel a couple of months ago. It costs $40 to 'churn' across from another provider.

$50 per month for around 12GB Peak + 38GB Off-Peak. Optus on the other hand, was charging me $45 for 2GB Peak + 4GB Off-Peak, plus $30 for line rental. Another bonus is that it only costs around $50 to break contract.

Only downside is the rumoured non-existent customer service, but I haven't had any problems so far.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Only downside is the rumoured non-existent customer service, but I haven't had any problems so far.
It's not just a rumor.

Also, asking for too much support is a valid reason for them to cancel your contract and force you to go elsewhere.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you need tech support to set up adsl you shouldn't be on the internet.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's not just a rumor.

Also, asking for too much support is a valid reason for them to cancel your contract and force you to go elsewhere.
Well I guess people with complex setups that require 'too much' support would probably best off with paying a bit more and going with Optus/Telstra whose business models can provide 24/7 tech support.

I made the switch knowing full and well that (other than the online forum) i'd be on my own. It's not like they don't stress the point regarding the difference in customer service between them and the larger providers, when you're first signing up.

HSC
yeah considering they usually have a video or some form of graphical instructions on setting it up. it is so easy

chansthename

HSC
^^you have too much money ; )

exetel is a good company ther are times when the internet service is choppy but it's well worth the cheap prices. I am currently on $50 per month for 18gb peak and 48gb offpeak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)